Cleveland, OH

I'll pay $40 just for those 4 painted ones right now.

Apeshit wrote:

Asking $40 shipped to the US for this lot, and I'll fill any extra space in the box with extra parts as well.

What happened to the guts? I need some DMG guts. Mostly screens.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

I wouldn't. These were either tests before doing a final version for a commission, or other shells that have passed through here from trades and whatnot. Not suitable for resale.

Cleveland, OH
Apeshit wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

I wouldn't. These were either tests before doing a final version for a commission, or other shells that have passed through here from trades and whatnot. Not suitable for resale.

Ah got ya. Thanks for the heads up!

Wisconsin and Minnesota
Apeshit wrote:

Asking $40 shipped to the US for this lot, and I'll fill any extra space in the box with extra parts as well.

So tempted, but so poor.

hiding under your bed

Dude, I sent you a message on Facebook back in January offering $50 for those, what the heck.
I'd still want 'em but I'm short on cash and I don't get paid until the 15th. hmm

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 16, 2019 6:46 pm)

vancouver, canada
Apeshit wrote:

http://asmretro.com/index.php?route=pro … duct_id=86

a) The LCD housing has to be cut
b) Wires can rip out during handling and are difficult to re-solder
c) The wires interfere with the Gameboy Pocket's ribbon cable.

This new design remedies all of these issues, while still maintaining all the same positive aspects of the VC backlights.

TOTAL game changer here, this is awesome.  i've messed up a couple of front PCBs because i underestimated my ability to screw up the screen ribbons.

now how about a version that removes the need to remove the screen foil?  =P =P =P =P

Cleveland, OH

That's a solid design right there.

Matthew Joseph Payne

yussss

Clifton Park, NY

My fingertips are now famous

(219) Indiana, USA

This is awesome. Fixing the problem with the fragile wire connections to the backlight is so golden. I love it!

SLC, UT

Just to be clear, there won't be the black pictured available? Or its translucent black? Either way, stoked man!

Taichung, Taiwan

I want those in and around my mouth.