Philly/NY

Mosh pits during little-scale's set made me shake my head. Really, people?

San Luis Obispo, CA

I love how much attention the crowd surfing and moshing got this year. Must have been pretty intense.

Tokyo, Japan

I have mixed feelings about crowd behavior, I really like to be up at the front of the audience where the most intense action is. However the "crowd surfing 20 times a night" people and the "push yourself backwards 20 feet through the audience" people and the "fists and elbows" style folk bug me. I tend to work on the principle that in any large group of people jumping about there is a lot of physical contact but if your behavior is likely to annoy other audience members more often than not, tone it down a bit.

I would like to say however, in my opinion, Trash Can Man and Seanbad were both exemplary examples of how to be a bit rowdy in a crowd and have a fucking great time while being highly respectful of other patrons Danced with both of them for hours!

Blip made me a much better musician, after the post-Blip chipmusic burnout and ripping off other artists syndrome faded away.

I made some wonderful friends there, every single person I met was super nice, respectful, and interesting to talk to.

I got really fucking sick.

Melbourne, Australia

It makes me laugh that this turned into a mosh-hating thread. (I wasn't overly impressed by the mosh, it felt like moshing for moshing's sake and made me not want to be near the front for fear that I'd get an elbow to the eye.) I thought I'd actually give my reflections on blip as someone who probably wouldn't have travelled half way around the world to go if it hadn't been a dream come true for Celsius (don't get me wrong though, I loved it)

Favourite moment... Any time I got to watch any of the Aussies do their thing (10K, Ctrix, Maddest Kings Alive at the open mic and little-scale (who might I add, played IMHO the best set I've ever seen him do, and I've seen a few) at blip) Purely because even though I'd seen them all do it before, this was at blip, baby and that made it special. Also 50% of the crowd getting up on stage (mostly shirtless) at the end of Bit Shifter's set was pretty cool smile Hanging out outside in the snow smoking was pretty cool too, just the novelty of it.

Fave performers. I can't narrow them down to one but standouts for me. Eat Rabbit, Je Deviens DJ en 3 Jour, Patric Catani, David Sugar, Glomag, Bit Shifter, J Arthur Keenes Band. Oh, and Rosa had my fave visuals.

I certainly did not party the hardest, nor did I puke. I did have an awesome time though and was up til at least 3 am every day for a week hehe. Not sure whether we'll make it back this year - it's an expensive trip- but would like to do it again some day (and see some more of New York, not just mostly Brooklyn) and get some of the people we met out here for shows.

San Luis Obispo, CA
dosPrompt wrote:

It makes me laugh that this turned into a mosh-hating thread. (I wasn't overly impressed by the mosh, it felt like moshing for moshing's sake and made me not want to be near the front for fear that I'd get an elbow to the eye.) I thought I'd actually give my reflections on blip as someone who probably wouldn't have travelled half way around the world to go if it hadn't been a dream come true for Celsius (don't get me wrong though, I loved it)

Favourite moment... Any time I got to watch any of the Aussies do their thing (10K, Ctrix, Maddest Kings Alive at the open mic and little-scale (who might I add, played IMHO the best set I've ever seen him do, and I've seen a few) at blip) Purely because even though I'd seen them all do it before, this was at blip, baby and that made it special. Also 50% of the crowd getting up on stage (mostly shirtless) at the end of Bit Shifter's set was pretty cool smile Hanging out outside in the snow smoking was pretty cool too, just the novelty of it.

Fave performers. I can't narrow them down to one but standouts for me. Eat Rabbit, Je Deviens DJ en 3 Jour, Patric Catani, David Sugar, Glomag, Bit Shifter, J Arthur Keenes Band. Oh, and Rosa had my fave visuals.

I certainly did not party the hardest, nor did I puke. I did have an awesome time though and was up til at least 3 am every day for a week hehe. Not sure whether we'll make it back this year - it's an expensive trip- but would like to do it again some day (and see some more of New York, not just mostly Brooklyn) and get some of the people we met out here for shows.

These kinds of stories motivate me to start saving for next year's fest. smile

I wonder if chip music will be popular enough by then so that mainstream media will be in attendance. Blipfest '10 sponsored by MTV?

Melbourne, Australia

Do it! Seriously, well worth it. Just don't expect to get much time to do anything BUT blip stuff smile

Philly, PA, USA

yeah, i'm looking to see if i can save up to stay somewhere other than my NYU friend's dorm (a friend who begrudgingly came to the show, then sat in the back and complained that the visuals were dumb.)

Melbourne, Australia

We had a group of us and stayed in a house in brooklyn for a week. If you go to places like homeaway.com you can find similar. We had 7 of us and it cost us about $120 each a week - less than $20 a night is cheaper than a hostel

Lazerbeat wrote:

I would like to say however, in my opinion, Trash Can Man and Seanbad were both exemplary examples of how to be a bit rowdy in a crowd and have a fucking great time while being highly respectful of other patrons Danced with both of them for hours!

wink
I had a blast.

I must say that an energetic crowd in front of the stage sure beats a lifeless audience standing all still and slightly bobbing their heads.

Tokyo, Japan
dosPrompt wrote:

We had a group of us and stayed in a house in brooklyn for a week. If you go to places like homeaway.com you can find similar. We had 7 of us and it cost us about $120 each a week - less than $20 a night is cheaper than a hostel

While I am surprised I didn't get kicked out in the snow on a couple of occasions, If I had to pick a single best thing about NY, 59 Madison Avenue would probably win. Never felt so welcome by a bunch of people ever.

England

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Nulls … tival_2009

waaaaaaaaa. like actually blown away waaaaaaaaaaah. quelle fucking sounds.

Tokyo, Japan

Ok, A few random memories from me which really stuck with me, in no particular order.

- My first meeting with Little-Scale. It was about 6am, I was asleep on the couch in my boxers and Seb arrived, run the bell, looking fairly together after his 60 hour flight confronted with my vagrant looking ass clad only in underwear.

- The moment during the Hunters set where everyone went "woooooooooooow" during the "abstract forest" visual.

- Getting back to the apartment at god knows what time in the morning and finding a very together looking David Sugar chatting to Ctrix, and me being all cool and sauve said "What the fuck are you doing here?" followed by "I called super nova during you set not Bitshifter" when what I meant to say was "David, how lovely to see you again, a most impressive set Sir."

- Patric Catani, I would say he was probably the person at the festival I have been into for the longest. He was without a doubt one of the nicest people I have met. He remembered my name, which to be frank I have trouble with.

- Meeting Mike Rosenthal, really truly fascinating guy, I wish I had more time to talk to him

- The little one hour compo in the basement, I think it was Me, IAYD (who won basically), Plainflavored, Beware (who I think spent more time ranting about MML than doing tunes), Ctrix was working on another Tune, Emily eating popcorn and falling asleep on the matress and celcius on sarcastic comments. Really good fun, first time I have ever done it.

- Ctrix at open mic, I have never seen a person convert a crowd in so little time. He really was amazing.

- I am really hazy on who was involved but I remember Rosa, Eat_Rabbit, Little Scale, CDK, Celcius and Kristy and probably quite a few others jamming on the subway with Loudobjects created noise makers.

- Jamming with Little Scale in the flat, Then Jamming with Little-scale, ESC, Dise, Dauragon and I think one other person next to the coat room in the bell house.

- Meeting Silreq, I am SUCH a huge fan, if anyone makes my kind of music its him, Sweet sweet guy and oh so fucking talented.

- Chatting with Minusbaby about wierd instruments in a bar somewhere, fucking top guy.

- Dancing half naked with Starpause, Hally, Enso (I think?) and about 3 or 4 others during psilodumps set when he dropped a prodigy track.

- Meeting Starpause and Dotdummy, Two fellow piggy users who I really respect.

- Bubblyfish's smile, has anyone ever looked so happy to be on stage?

- Kristy and Eugene bought me a blanket!

- This awesome indian taxi driver called sunny who spent the ride in with me switching back between a london style indian accent and brooklyn italian. It was awesome.

- Hotdogs.

- Fenris cooking with his EEE in one hand and a soup spoon in the other.

- This moment of jddj3js set http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbhscqS … re=related at about 22 seconds.

I could go on, and I tried not to talk about sets specifically because I would be here all day. So much love in that place.

Philly/NY
Lazerbeat wrote:

- Dancing half naked with Starpause, Hally, Enso (I think?) and about 3 or 4 others during psilodumps set when he dropped a prodigy track.

hahaha That was out of control. So much fun.

Tokyo, Japan

I'm glad I remembered you were there who else was it? Facundo as well? I remember like 7 or 8 people.

Philly/NY

Goferboy too - how else could this amazing moment have happened?