San Luis Obispo, CA

I know that Blip Fest 09 is totally old news, but I was kind of curious to hear experiences from both performers and attendees about this year's event. I've never been fortunate enough to attend Blip Fest, but hear nothing but amazing things. Been seeing ample coverage this year, just wanted to hear about cool stuff that the media passed over.

Favorite moment? Favorite performer? Who partied the hardest? Did you puke?

Also, been noticing some artists providing their full sets via outlets such as FMA. Any of the performers who frequent these boards have their full sets available?

England

links to the sets, yes please

What is Blip Festival? Blip Festival is looking down and discovering that you are crowdsurfing on top of another crowdsurfer.

Liverpool, UK

1. rainbowdragoneyes 2. rainbowdragoneyes 3. rainbowdragoneyes 4. No, but nearly once (because of moshing to 10k @ open mic)

Unsubscribe

There will be a fma blipfest page SOON btw.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

2007: Blip lit a fire in my heart for chipmusic again.
2008: Performed at blip, had insane time
Post blip 2008: no other show (in the US) has compared to playing blip fest... lost my motivation to make music for most of 2009.
2009: Blip; saw 1 night in person.. listened to recordings of the rest of the show... was great to see everyone...
2010: Chipmusic.org launches thus re-starting the fire in my heart for the scene and makes me feel like it's 2007 again.
Future years to come: Looking forward to more hardware diversity, less repeating NYC acts (no offense, but there are a lot of other artists in NYC)...

Thats all i got... *runs back to work*

Philly

People who push mosh are lame.  Please learn to dance.

Chicago IL
Ro-Bear wrote:

learn to be A MAN

those arent even real mosh pits, you guys should be thanking your stars

Philly
Saskrotch wrote:
Ro-Bear wrote:

learn to be A MAN

That's why I said "push mosh" and "learn to dance."  Because it was annoying.

New York City
Saskrotch wrote:
Ro-Bear wrote:

learn to be A MAN

mosh pits or anything related are lame.
so is crowdsurfing to just any fucking music.

Philly
akira^8GB wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

learn to be A MAN

mosh pits or anything related are lame.
so is crowdsurfing to just any fucking music.

Amen Akira.

Unsubscribe

Chipfans crave human contact.

Cambridge UK

I puked. A little, at my hotel. Puke was horrible BRKlyn foodz related. I bet the venue reeking of burnt burgers didn't help either. Next year, a Blip Salad Bar, please. tongue

Tokyo, Japan
herr_prof wrote:

Chipfans crave human contact.

Perhaps, but I could have done with exchanging fewer bodily fluids.

FlashHeart

Yeah. When people were having a super-junior-high-tiny-fists-accidentally-punching-little-girls-mosh-pit during Patric Catani while the rest of us were trying to dance I wanted to kill them all.

Philly, PA, USA

the little pushing was ok for some bits, seemed fitting for JDJdJjdd..3..dj(?) it fit, but like, when people started that shit during the real danceable sets it made me sad. also had a nasty head bump with facundo because someone grabbed and pushed me when i was clearly not involved with the pushing...

overall, from directly front and center most of the shows were fantastic.

still getting flashbacks upon listening to DaMaGe, but the good kind big_smile