uhajdafdfdfa

a great music
which NAMCO do you like and dislike?

i kind of don't like SAMPLINGMASTERS! die ridge racer
i don't like LindaAI-CUE! die nu-metal/breakcore/chiptune music
ridge racer type 4 is the only ridge racer game worth listening to

i like asuka sakai, yu miyake (!!!!), yuri misumi, yoshihito yano, eriko imura (?!?!), hiroshi okubo (mostly), and it turns out i really like yuji masubuchi and masako ohgami sometimes too
i like "sexy the cat" even if (s)he is just a patch on someone's sampler

let's talk about music of NAMCO

AANABAY01

yes. imura and masubuchi are ze ones i love best.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uhajdafdfdfa

hiroshi okubo when he isn't breakbeat dance... CHIPTUNE FOREVER!

(is this fakebit?)

UK

eriko imura cannot be faulted. klonoa games and wagyan paradise is some of the best.
i also like hosoe, saso and aihara's fusion style work, like dragon saber, street fighter EX series, driving emotion type-S, various other things

not as keen on the techno stuff that prevalent in ridge racer, but it's still not bad.

Liverpool, UK

inb4 4mat

Russia, Moscow

Music from Ace Combat 2 and Ridge Racer Type 4 was one I've liked most, even ripped it from the games on PC and listened for hours in a loop. Some music from Soul Blade/Edge (PSX version), Klonoa, and Tales of series was nice too, at least I recall it was, but I can't recall any song right now.

From earlier games, their Sega Genesis/Megadrive games had nice music, can recall Rolling Thunder 2-3, and maybe Splatterhouse 3.

Last edited by Shiru (Feb 5, 2011 5:20 pm)

Brunswick, GA USA

For me, I stop having familiarity with Namco music after Ridge Racer (because I never got to play Klonoa,) so Ridge Racer for me is a clone of the Sega racing musics. Early Namco music is limited to the looping themes of Mappy and Tower of Druaga, games I expect people to have awareness of, but not familiarity, or the attract themes of PacMan, Galaga, Pole Position and such.

Namco's 80s arcade cabinets had a wonderful boominess to them, so that although the source sound chip is a very primitive wavetable they could get these very lush organ tones and thunderous explosions when you die. That's how I remember Namco.

Milwaukee, WI

Namco N106 is a lush soundchip.

uhajdafdfdfa

oh tekken music sucks, i forgot to mention it in the first post sad
yu miyake's bad day.mp3

same for ACE COMBAT

it's made up for by the EXCELLEEENT other stuff