not jophish anymore

Hey everyone. I recently pulled out my old IBM 760XL, and installed DOS 6.2 onto it, in hopes to run Adlib Tracker. I installed it and all, and songs playback flawlessly, however, when I try to play a note while in the instrument screen, adlib crashes, and the screen turns into just a garbled wall of text. However, playing notes outside of the instrument editor is fine, as in, inputting notes into a pattern. If it means anything, I had to run it in text_compatibility mode, (option 3 in config), as the program would not display properly without it.

Any help from you OPL3 wizards (oxygenstar) would be awesome.

thanks.

☺☺☺

I think the compatibility range is 1-20 right? my libretto needs to be set at 7 or so ( can remember) to work without glitches

But it always, ALWAYS freezes if I move a parameter WHILE im playing a note. not so much in one screen or the other.

Ive learned to change the modulator(or whatever parameter change)....AND THEN play a note

Tokyo, Japan

Try changing opl_latency=0 to opl_latency=1 in the config file.

not jophish anymore

Changed the config, but no luck, still crashing. If it's worth any mention, when this laptop was booting XP, I was able to run Adlib without experiencing this error (but I did have other problems.) Thanks for the help.

☺☺☺

When i first purchased my libretto I was having the same problems, latency and compatability are your only bet.

I had found weird things happened sometimes, eg; compatability of 6 works great where 7 not at all (for me)

02* PLZ ENLIGHTEN

Planet Zaxxon

Hmm, well what I have experienced with playing notes in the instrument screen, the laptops I have dont like that at all.. It freezes everytime. When I do that on my desktop, with the real sb16, I have no problems. So maybe that is a glitch in at2 when its an emulated sb16??? Im not sure, but I never got garbled text, it just freezes....

I would have recommended the same what Lazerbeat has said.. since that seems to fix all problems on might have.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

I feel your pain, same thing happened to me on my toshiba portegé.

the opl_latency value change don't help around. I also asked subz3ro, but the issue makes the program unusable.

so i've installed Reality Adlib Tracker.

São Paulo, Brazil

I have a Toshiba Libretto and AT2 always crash on me when trying to insert notes on the main screen (but it works fine when tweaking with instrument parameters though).

The solution was to use DOSBOX on my macbook to create the songs and them playing them live on the Libretto.

☺☺☺
PULSELOOPER wrote:

I have a Toshiba Libretto and AT2 always crash on me when trying to insert notes on the main screen (but it works fine when tweaking with instrument parameters though).

thats funny, my libretto is the exact opposite tongue

what CT model is it? i have a 50ct and playback is just fine ( admittedly a bit wonky at full channel useage)