SO HERE IZ WHAT HAPPENED TODAYS :::

I turned on my gamebwoy and found that all songs are GONE !

At first i tought that battery died - -BUTTT

Before i desoldered teh old battery i tested it with multimeter and it shows 3.20 V
-- FOR NEW 3032 battery it shows the same !!1

Its possible that battery is not DEAD ??? AND .sav died because of sum other reason ??

______
TEENX

Canada

What kind of cart is it?

california
KODEK wrote:

SO HERE IZ WHAT HAPPENED TODAYS :::

I turned on my gamebwoy and found that all songs are GONE !

At first i tought that battery died - -BUTTT

Before i desoldered teh old battery i tested it with multimeter and it shows 3.20 V
-- FOR NEW 3032 battery it shows the same !!1

Its possible that battery is not DEAD ??? AND .sav died because of sum other reason ??

______
TEENX

I've had random save errors occur. It happens. FUUUUUUUUU! backup daily! Bleepbloop carts are more stable i guess.

I've also had random notes inserted in my songs that I didn't put there...sounded kinda cool.

rofl

ITS OLD 32mbit cart--  dunno what its real name << it needs transferrer 2

songs are not messed up --- THEY ARE GONE // looks like sav file iz reset

but i dont thik that mulitmeter should show 3.2 Volts if battery iz drained , I AM RIGHT ?

Last edited by TVMASKAVA (Feb 6, 2011 9:53 pm)

california

Your battery is probably fine. Someone more technical can explain it. Gameboy sav memory is touchy.

YEP i just want to know if its still usable or noot ; o

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's quite possible that the battery came unseated, or that the power switching (from game boy power to battery power or vice versa) caused the wipe.  If either of those are the case, make sure the battery is fitted properly but you should probably be fine using the cart again.  Just make sure you always back up.

You say it could because i just turned on/off my gameboy ?? THE BATTERY IZ IN PLACE

Sweeeeeeden

It's possible that the songs were salvageable, but you almost certainly killed them when you removed the battery. If you have a means of dumping the sav, I could take a look at it still.

oh no no -- the battery is in place i didnt remove it ! yikes

SO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS WHY DIZ HAPPENED IF BATTERY IZ OK >?

A N Y O N E ?

Sweeeeeeden

I don't have answer to why it happened, but I can still take a look at the sav. I've recovered songs before...