Abandoned on Fire
nordloef wrote:
starmelt wrote:

I didn't want to risk my health, or my gear, by making a witty remark. His comment already felt hostile.

Im guessing he looked something like this?

I doubt it.  Eric heart 's chipmusic.  tongue

Unsubscribe

Protip: the smarter the retort the less you will get beat up. Their brain rage will immobilize them. You have the pa, never give your audience any power.

Brazil - Japan

lan-party hahahaha

Last edited by droid-on (Mar 23, 2011 8:39 pm)

philly

"you make sick techno beats"

"oh awesome... ringtones"

"damn it mauer, why dont you go listen to your goddamn techno beats and leave me alone"

Liverpool, UK
Kommisar wrote:

"whoever thinks chiptune is an actual genre should probably end themselves"

Well, chiptune isn't a genre, it's a medium... </coolfaic>

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Imagine if people who use traditional instruments had the same obsession with semantics that the chipmusic scene has.

"I don't play rock and roll, I play guitar. Guitars can play like any genre."

Who cares if you think it's a medium or a genre or somewhere in between. Just make music, that's what matters. Leave semantics to the English majors.

Note: This does not apply to those of you who are English majors, you may continue.

</coolfaic>

Last edited by jefftheworld (Mar 24, 2011 8:05 pm)

NC in the US of America

I haven't gotten to really interact with many people outside of my family in regards to chiptune music. I've mostly gotten *silence* *moves on to talk about something else*

Worst comment: "I don't listen to those songs outside of the video games they're in". This was in regards to my posting a link to the soundtrack of "Hero Core", so it's not like he was talking about all chipmusic.

Best comments (paraphrase): "Most 8-bit music is ear bleeding, but this doesn't" in regards to my "fake-bit" remix of the "Main Gate" theme from Megaman Legends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0X-zlSGbmA

and

Me: Sorry you have to keep hearing this over and over. It must be annoying.
Little Sister:  It doesn't bother me. I like this song.

Is it wrong that I like/make/listen to chipmusic because it reminds me of video games/ringtones/nostalgia/my favorite Gameboy and NES songs? As someone who listens to video game soundtracks like regular music, I'd consider it a compliment for someone to say my music sounds like it could be in a video game.

Is it wrong that I bumped this topic to ask that question?

mainz, grmny.

Thanks a lot for pushing this again, SketchMan3.
Feel like this is somehow related. Made it myself.

+ I would probably have to go with some of the stuff already said.
Negative:
"... not real music etc."
"super pokétetrisland"
"put on something else"
+ so on.

Positive:
Some dude telling us how our music would touch him + he would really listen to it from all of his heart + absolutely love it. The lyrics were fitting, the sounds, the whole feeling of the music. Shame I don't remember his name, although I remember the day it happened + that it was in Cologne after a show. Never thought we could reach somebody in this way.

Last edited by Stern Fucking Zeit (Jun 13, 2012 4:46 am)

NSW, Australia

Some people just thought i was screaming over video game soundtracks lol

shanghai

doesnt bother me. if someones like 'dude, you that sounds like a master system' im like, er well it was made to sound that way. Was your electro house compilation CD made to sound like complete and utter shit? cos thats what it sounds like. Tbh, I can understand it is weird to the majority of people........because it is a bit weird to listen to it really isnt it. we're all weird right.

shanghai
Stern Fucking Zeit wrote:

Positive:
Some dude telling us how our music would touch him + he would really listen to it from all of his heart + absolutely love it. The lyrics were fitting, the sounds, the whole feeling of the music. Shame I don't remember his name, although I remember the day it happened + that it was in Cologne after a show. Never thought we could reach somebody in this way.

yeah, i got that before. he was on E btw : P

mainz, grmny.

Strange, wouldn't consider your stuff to be as "dancy" as common dancemusic that people on E are known to listen to. So yeah, not sure if that means something or not. People I talked to while they were on E usually have been very focussed and concentrated at conversations.
However, the guy talking to me wasn't on E, he maybe had one or two beers + appeared rather sober.

shanghai

ha i was just joking man, i always appreciate people saying they liked it after a show sure, but sometimes you get funny fucked up people saying 'man, that was incredible, like the best music i ever saw in my life, you should send your shit to warp and squarepusher and like get famous'....i had one exitable young fellow in red trainers with matching red hat and gang scarf (he was hipster not a gang thug dont worry) and he was like "so you like big time dj in london right then came to smash it in shanghai ?'.....i was like 'er, no i was a nobody pub dj in london, thats why im in china....thats why we're all here rocking the expat tip, cos we suck and get no love back home' haha ..........and yeah the downstate liveset isnt 60bpm entirely like my curent soundcloud playlist haha, i normally have a total different live set when i play saturday night thats just me whacking crunk beats and spastic breakcore on a mpc and shit

Westfield, NJ
SketchMan3 wrote:

Is it wrong that I like/make/listen to chipmusic because it reminds me of video games/ringtones/nostalgia/my favorite Gameboy and NES songs?

no.

Gosford, Australia

i played a community fundraiser show at a church and this behemoth of a girl came up to me after and said something along the lines of "hey the gameboy music was really cool but you're a massive geek!"

Last edited by Victory Road (Jun 13, 2012 10:59 am)

Sweden

She was hitting on you