Brazil

I will chk dis out later

FlashHeart

THIS IS DAMN GOOD.

Refreshingly original.

Michigan

that album cover is dope.

Brooklyn NY US

Cool! Like the energy / attitude / sound. Songs themselves didn't really do it for me though. Still cool to see this particular spin on things.

Unsubscribe
Bit Shifter wrote:

Cool! Like the energy / attitude / sound. Songs themselves didn't really do it for me though. Still cool to see this particular spin on things.

after the bondage fairies, that's strike TWO. wink

Perhaps im just really sick of dance based electronic music? I really dug everything about this, sure they could use some polish, but what doesnt on cm?

Canada

Very cool!
I'm diggin' it.

Brooklyn NY US
herr_prof wrote:
Bit Shifter wrote:

after the bondage fairies, that's strike TWO. wink

Perhaps im just really sick of dance based electronic music? I really dug everything about this, sure they could use some polish, but what doesnt on cm?

I mainly meant the songwriting. No complaints about the lack of polish, in fact for garagey stuff A) that's part of the charm and B) this stuff actually sounded quite nice from a production standpoint. Not trying to invalidate anybody liking this by any stretch, so no justification necessary — honestly I applaud new / cool / unconventional applications of chip sounds and this definitely fits into that category.

FlashHeart
herr_prof wrote:

Perhaps im just really sick of dance based electronic music?

I'm with you on this. Although my new stuff is still dancey electronic music, it's got vocals and i'm playing with a band now precisely because I'm tired of the same old sounds.

Unsubscribe

ah then i thoroughly disagree with ya josh. I like the rifts, the songs, the breakdowns, the vox.. pretty much the whole spiel from that standpoint.

Brazil

I listened to half of it, didn't enjoyed much of the sound (cliche gb sounds, but that's not the point). Nevertheless, the music is fresh and steers away from the usual chipmusic, which I'm also bored with.

But I agree with you all, also is a discussion I always have with my peers here. As much as I like electronic music (acid, house, techno), my background was punk/post-punk. Now I bought a little beringher mixer from Pulselooper and I'm planing to go back to my old compositions, maybe even using a guitar. Kinda New Wave dancey.

Also, the discussion was always that chipmusic don't mesh with vocals, which I always disagreed.

Now, back to the topic, I enjoyed, but not much, but it's just because of my taste in music. Maybe listening to half of it is not enough to say that. But, still I enjoyed the effort, I would like to see more of it growing in the "scene". Specially from bit shifter, who sings well.

Abandoned on Fire

Garage rock with mic stands getting knocked over and general "good times vibe" is always something I'm going to like.
But (and I don't want to get all "Andy Kaufman" with this) the line "Am I real, or am I fake?" is what stuck out to me the most.  I'm sensing performance art and that makes me like it just a little bit more.  smile

Florida

Wow, this is really good! Some of the other stuff on that label sounds nice too...

Whitley Bay, England

Damn, I loved their stuff they posted on 8bc, can't wait to get home and check this out.