PDX

What's happening for Southby? I gotta start making plans soon. 8bc had a thread or two up about it but there's no telling when that's coming back so if anyone can tell me whats up I'd much appreciate it. Tried looking for a thread here but found nothing.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i had been in talks w/ Sievert about flying down to play a sxsw show.. but haven't really heard anything recently though.

when is it?

PDX
low-gain wrote:

i had been in talks w/ Sievert about flying down to play a sxsw show.. but haven't really heard anything recently though.

when is it?

That would be awesome. I'd be stoked to see you guys play. I think it starts on 3/18 and goes for 3 or 4 days. I've never attended SXSW so I don't really know how everything works.

Los Angeles, CA

I wanted to see about coming out and playing around SXSW but not sure if I'll have the funds...

PDX
Wizwars wrote:

I wanted to see about coming out and playing around SXSW but not sure if I'll have the funds...

Have you looked into the bus or train? its relatively inexpensive to travel that way. Plus I'm sure you can get hooked up with a place to crash relatively easy, if you're down with that kind of thing. I've never attended chip events for SXSW so I can't guarantee that it will be worth your troubles.

Los Angeles, CA

Yeah I'd definitely take Greyhound. But still, I don't have a job and pretty much support myself with music at this point, which is really starting to not work out, haha. But I'm looking at selling my video game collection so hopefully i can scrounge together the money.

Fort Worth, Tx

i think me and Noisebox are going to be in austin for SXSW so we have to do something for sure

Austin, TX

I, Cactus, Yatagarasu, and I are playing an unofficial (free) SXSW show Mar 12 or 13. Might wanna keep tabs on the FB event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103157793091973

PDX
WavFace wrote:

i think me and Noisebox are going to be in austin for SXSW so we have to do something for sure

Awesome. Post here if you do something for sure.

Party Time! Hexcellent! wrote:

I, Cactus, Yatagarasu, and I are playing an unofficial (free) SXSW show Mar 12 or 13. Might wanna keep tabs on the FB event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103157793091973

Sweet. I'm "maybe" attending. Still balancing out my work/school/fun schedule so I'll know in a couple weeks whether i can go or not.

Los Angeles, CA

I'll talk to a couple of SoCal chip artists this weekend and see if they want to come out. It would be rad to meet up and play with some other dudes.

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩

Yes

Fort Worth, Tx
Reteris wrote:

Yes

Dont you live in the DFW area? cus if you do we need to play some local shows and hang out man.

Austin, TX

Has anyone heard if Datapop is coming back to Austin for SXSW? The Highball's event calendar doesn't seem to list anything.

Brooklyn NY US

Moving this to General Discussion. Please feel free to post details about confirmed shows in the Upcoming Events section.

Fort Worth, Tx

Datapop

Last edited by WavFace (Feb 22, 2011 9:04 pm)

brooklyn!

just as we did last year at sxsw, anamanaguchi & the datapop crew will be doing street shows on 6th during the fest, hopefully a bunch! we will keep everybody posted as we get into austin, be ready to flash mob and do it up! lo-tek resistance, we're gonna do you proud heart