The Hollow Earth

A couple a months back, Byzantine starting arranging a "fakebit" comp on the website which cannot be named. Since the website which cannot be named has apparently become the website which cannot be loaded, this comp seems to have slipped through the cracks unfortunately.

After a brief search, I discovered that Byzantine apparently finished up the comp and uploaded it to archive.org for your listening pleasure. This collection features some excellent contributions from Fragile Chaos!, FantomenK, Seence, Starpilot, Hexwolves, Awesome Force, el Musho, Byzantine, Subterrestrial, Decktonic, Knot_L0, _ensnare_, Dj Hollow Life and ant1.   

The 8bc Fakebit Comp 2011, fulfilling your non-purist chiptune needs for the front end of the new year big_smile
http://www.archive.org/details/FakebitCompilation2011

Last edited by Subterrestrial (Feb 8, 2011 11:22 pm)

Westfield, NJ

I was wondering what happened with this! Thanks for the heads-up. I'm sure Byzanite is waiting for that other site to come back up before he announces it.

Anyway people should go download this, it's great. Especially that final track.

Totally forgot about this! Will check it out after I get off work in an hour. The art looks great-kinda reminds me of Dead Space!

Last edited by an0va (Feb 9, 2011 5:33 pm)

Berkeley, CA

as much as i want to just accept the name and get on with it ... i hate it. haha

Disasterpeace wrote:

as much as i want to just accept the name and get on with it ... i hate it. haha

I agree, and having asked Byzanite his definition of fakebit I doubt it's even ironic. "fulfilling your non-purist chiptune needs for the front end of the new year", I mean for crying out loud.

The Bronx

The fake bits I know require surgery and a prescription for painkillers.

Ontario, Canada

I did something for this ages ago, or maybe it was something ant1 was doing, but anywho, it's not on this thing so here it is: http://chipmusic.org/j.+arthur+keenes/music/couchgrass

Westfield, NJ
4mat wrote:
Disasterpeace wrote:

I agree, and having asked Byzanite his definition of fakebit I doubt it's even ironic. "fulfilling your non-purist chiptune needs for the front end of the new year", I mean for crying out loud.

Hey let's face it guys... chipmusic is dead.

Unsubscribe

chipmusic is dad,

Finally listened to this. Enjoy'd. Agree with Decktonic about the final track.

one oddity: I just noticed today that I'm on the cover art. ...I don't even remember sending a track and if I did, it's not there. Haha subliminal marketing I guess

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

hahahaha....purists are a funny bunch....it's exactly like people who get pissed off about musicians using synthesizers to create the sounds of classical instruments....all in all, if it matters that much to you, you just might be a bit stuck up.....and if ya don't like it, point your mouse cursor somewhere else? i'm just sayin.....lol

peace and love.

or blues guitarists: "too many notes, not enough soul man"

"now lemme go work on my SRV tone with my strat and tubescreamers for the 800th time even though i can't play like him...cause it's all about the vintage (yet modded) TONE"

Last edited by an0va (Feb 10, 2011 5:48 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

bahahaha!!

The Hollow Earth
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

I did something for this ages ago, or maybe it was something ant1 was doing, but anywho, it's not on this thing so here it is: http://chipmusic.org/j.+arthur+keenes/music/couchgrass

I was wondering about that.... I remember you being listed as a contributor in the original thread and I was looking forward to hearing your track (your track on the elevator music comp was awesome!)

I have never witnessed a single instance of chip purism, ever. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it seems to me like purists are the chupacabras of the chip scene... everyone that I've spoken to has encouraged innovation of any sort in chipmusic.

Westfield, NJ
Subterrestrial wrote:
J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

I was wondering about that.... I remember you being listed as a contributor in the original thread and I was looking forward to hearing your track (your track on the elevator music comp was awesome!)

Maybe Byzanite could update the comp, seeing as there's already a mistake on the cover and this hasn't been announced on 8bc yet. I also think it's funny that the last line on the cover says "and more" when there's probably enough space to just list the rest of the artists... smile