Michigan

EVERYBODY!

Lets give some truly amazing musicians/guys and pioneers in the chiptune scene a good sendoff by listening to their final performance

http://rabidinthekennel.com/blog/the-de … -postponed

Last edited by noisewaves (Feb 9, 2011 6:37 pm)

Michigan

http://www.breakthruradio.com

theyre on the frontpage

Last edited by noisewaves (Feb 9, 2011 6:37 pm)

New York City

Sad to see them go.

Brooklyn, NY

Love these guys so hard, but I can't help but feel a teensy bit of contempt seeing that aside from Blip '07, they never seemed to want to play with other chip artists sad

Would've loved to see them on a big chip-shoegaze bill w/ Noisewaves & Failotron.

UK

Feel slightly smug I got to see them in London a few months back. Sad to see them go.

Unsubscribe

To be fair, they where always very receptive when i asked them to play a pw, but they had very busy schedules in the past few years. When he was coming up, they were very chip receptive!

NJ

they played the first "pulsewave" i ever went to.. before i think they started calling it pulsewave. i think it was them, aonami, bit shifter and nullsleep. sick show was sick.

rochester, ny
facundo wrote:

they played the first "pulsewave" i ever went to.. before i think they started calling it pulsewave. i think it was them, aonami, bit shifter and nullsleep. sick show was sick.

now THAT'S a show.

Unsubscribe

Almost as good as when I saw aonami and covox at the REAL tank.

New York, New York

They were leading easily in being the most memorable of dreampop/noise chip bands. I think they were guys that loved the community and got full schedules and busy very fast. I will treasure my vinyl copy of In Her Gentle Jaws.

Side note: they used to do some 100% chip cover songs on YouTube that made me like cover songs. yikes I miss them for that just as much.

Brooklyn, NY
herr_prof wrote:

To be fair, they where always very receptive when i asked them to play a pw, but they had very busy schedules in the past few years. When he was coming up, they were very chip receptive!

Word, I figured as much. I suppose it was more along the lines of the feelings you have towards the doctor when he cuts off your morphine.

Edit: Everyone posting in this thread should check out his other band, Pains of Being Pure At Heart, if for some reason they haven't already: http://www.myspace.com/thepainsofbeingpureatheart

Last edited by Zen Albatross (Feb 10, 2011 6:02 pm)

UK
Zen Albatross wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Word, I figured as much. I suppose it was more along the lines of the feelings you have towards the doctor when he cuts off your morphine.

Edit: Everyone posting in this thread should check out his other band, Pains of Being Pure At Heart, if for some reason they haven't already: http://www.myspace.com/thepainsofbeingpureatheart

Word and supplying us with The Pains of Being Pure At Heart in this thread is like transitioning to methadone.

Michigan
Esopus-dragon wrote:

They were leading easily in being the most memorable of dreampop/noise chip bands. I think they were guys that loved the community and got full schedules and busy very fast. I will treasure my vinyl copy of In Her Gentle Jaws.

Side note: they used to do some 100% chip cover songs on YouTube that made me like cover songs. yikes I miss them for that just as much.

god i want that vinyl and i dont even own a record player.

just from talking to kurt at the show they played in detroit last spring, it definitely sounds like neither him nor chirstoph were expecting the pains to take off so quickly.

as disappointed as i am that they are no longer a band, i can understand why when something you saw as a sort of "side project" in the beginning, gains more noteriety, it might have to come to the point of choosing what you want to bring your best efforts too, and letting one fall by the wayside, so to speak.

i would like to see an "official" last show/farewell happen, because they absolutely deserve it.