Im putting together a first annual 8bit event, and im needing a good flyer to advertise the hell out of it.
If some one could help me put something together, i would be greatly appreciative!

Here is some of the info:
8bit MAYHEM!
March 18th, Morehead Kentucky
Carl D. Perkins Center
$5 from 7pm-?

Featuring:
Smendrick the Magician
Not One is Upright
Magnus Option
+ more

Thank you in advance! Im not needing anything to fancy, just something that catches the eye, and is related.

PDX

I've been looking for chances to bust out some artwork for the community. What sort of hardware do the featured artists use? I only ask so I can figure out what type of approach to take. Also, what's the latest you're willing to accept something? Whenever doesn't work haha. I need deadlines smile

That would be great. I will be using my commodore 64, so something in that style would be awesome.
Its on march 18th, so as soon as you could have it done before then. Id like as much time as possible to get it posted and put out there.

PDX

Awesome. I'll see what I can whip up. Between full time school and work, its hard to squeeze stuff in but I'll try my hardest cause this would definitely be fun for me. Does a week sound ok?

Yeah that sounds great. I appreciate it brother man.

PDX

Email me if you need the high-res version if you intend to print, or if you wanna change something, or if you straight up hate it.

Update: Redid the poster.

Last edited by OrionOrbit (Feb 15, 2011 3:59 pm)

That's tight bro. Ill email you in a few days and get the high res.
Thanks again! Soon (all) of eastern Kentucky shall know your graphical awesomeness.

Westfield, NJ

I have two suggestions... the paragraph with "March 18th ... til?" should be dark gray instead of white. Provides more contrast and differentiates that section better. Also, you misspelled " 'till ". The word is UNTIL. So it would be 'til. Or you could also use "to?". I think to is more grammatically correct.

Otherwise this is a great flyer!

PDX
Decktonic wrote:

I have two suggestions... the paragraph with "March 18th ... til?" should be dark gray instead of white. Provides more contrast and differentiates that section better. Also, you misspelled " 'till ". The word is UNTIL. So it would be 'til. Or you could also use "to?". I think to is more grammatically correct.

Otherwise this is a great flyer!

Thanks for the suggestion Deck. I used white because its reminiscent of some of the packaging for the commodore. I agree it could pop more so instead of making it gray i might place some shadow on the text. Also thanks for pointing out my gramatical mistake haha. I'm so used to saying "till" that I just didn't even think about it. Usually I'm the one being grammar police!