Portland, OR

I just got this in the mail. Brand new in box. (box is a bit beat up) Still has original zip ties, and documentation was still sealed in original plastic. Just opened her up and found a foldout Metroid poster that i"m going to be framing. Cool huh?!

The P-N-Dubz

So does it fit in the existing battery slot or how does it work exactly? Action pics?!

Portland, OR

It's plugged in charging right now. The power cord plugs into the battery pack, and the battery pack plugs into the Game Boy via the DC plug. You can either use it as an AC adapter, or just use the battery pack portion for up to 10 hours of game play.

IL, US

not to be a dick, but why did you post this? its an official nintendo product that id imagine many other people in the scene have small piles of laying around like i do, so not exactly new info by any means

by the way: why would you want to use an oversized, heavy battery pack that supplies less than 1/3rd the battery life that a DMG can get off of 4 AA batteries?

New York City

I just gave away that Metroid poster big_smile

PDX
e.s.c. wrote:

not to be a dick, but why did you post this? its an official nintendo product that id imagine many other people in the scene have small piles of laying around like i do, so not exactly new info by any means

by the way: why would you want to use an oversized, heavy battery pack that supplies less than 1/3rd the battery life that a DMG can get off of 4 AA batteries?

I differ. I've never seen or heard of anyone scoring one of these mint in the box.
I have one but definitely not like that. Props on the metroid poster... So jealous! Nice find man... Hope it wasn't a fortune.

Edit: oh and I use this to supply power to the dmg while I'm adding a backlight or something. Its actually very convenient. I just leave it plugged into the wall though.

Last edited by OrionOrbit (Feb 11, 2011 8:36 pm)

Portland, OR
e.s.c. wrote:

I just thought it would be neat to share since it was still new in the package. I was super excited and none of my friends give a crap about Gameboy stuff so I figured I'd share it here. As for why I wanted it, I didn't have an AC adapter for my gameboy, and now I do. Plus with the 10 hours of gameplay I get with this, plus the 10–14 hours with the AA batteries, I can play unplugged for up to 24 hours. Great for long trips smile.

IL, US

ok, but my point is that this thread doesn't really tell us anything besides that you bought one of these that many of us already have..things like this are better saved for posting on twitter/facebook/your blog

PDX

You're doing it wrong.

Brooklon

Pretty much the best thing about the battery pack is the belt clip.

Welcome to Apprentice8's blog!

Canada

Sure, this thread needs more direction, but it's comments like those that aren't progressive. Want people to learn? Don't make fun of them.

This thread makes perfect sense, I don't see any problems. I too was in the same boat of not having a AC adapter for my DMG, then I bought a 6v 1000mah AC adapter on ebay, it had the wrong connection tip, so I bought those at Radioshack. But the idea of a belt clip + random stuff... sounds intriguing.

I got one of those in mint condition (in box) a while back too. It's a great little unit. It's stupid to argue batteries over it-there's virtually no reason to waste AA batteries if you're at home, so this unit comes really in handy then. I keep it plugged into the wall for long composing sessions. This way you save your AAs only for playing out.

Chicago IL

i was positive every post after the first one would be 'cool story bro'

half proud / half disappointed

Saskrotch wrote:

i was positive every post after the first one would be 'cool story bro'

half proud / half disappointed

cool