WOW MAN!

Just wondered if anyone that sells stuff online uses Paypal's Shopping Cart? My wife wants to add that type of functionality to her website and looking at the instructions for the Paypal one it looks pretty adequate and easy to implement (the latter point being pretty important to me big_smile )

Any information or experience?

Milwaukee, WI

*shameless plug*

http://www.radiograffiti.org/storefront/

It's pretty darn easy to be honest. Just create a button for the product, enter the details for the for the product (quantity/colors/sizes/etc), grab the code and throw it on the page. We've had it for a few years now and I haven't heard any horror stories yet. We have a simple setup, although I cannot imagine a larger store being rocket science.

Good luck!

Geneva, NY

Yup, I used it to sell CDs and it worked out real nice. Super easy, nice and clean transactions.

WOW MAN!

Thanks gents.

She's just informed me that she wants 'other payment methods besides Paypal'

Anyone got one of those hillarious 'face palm' pictures I could borrow for a second?

hmm

Westfield, NJ
neilbaldwin wrote:

She's just informed me that she wants 'other payment methods besides Paypal'

but Paypal can accept credit cards. Isn't that enough?

Unsubscribe

Paypal can accept credit card payments w/o  paypal account fwiw. You might have to setup a merchant account to do that though.

Geneva, NY

Yeah, I converted my account to a merch account years ago because some dude paid via cc in an ebay transaction and I HAD to switch to accept his payment. Long story short, it was relatively painless/easy but now paypal effs me with a small fee for some transactions that used to be free (payment received? I can't remember).  Anyhow, credit card is totally accepted.  You can check it here if you want: http://coax.dummydrome.com/

WOW MAN!

.....oh

Anyone got one of those hilarious 'face palm' pictures?

Geneva, NY

WOW MAN!

Ha ha ha, that proper made me chuckle big_smile

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

basically "your account" is just an email address.
when you submit a sale to paypal there's just a few fields, including your email,
the amount being charged, etc... (other stuff is optional, like exactly what your selling)

after that (checkout from yer site to paypal) the user has a few choices:
- pay with their existing paypal account (which could be credit/debit cards, band accounts, etc)
- make a new paypal account
- or just use a credit card.

my boss on an old project was suspect that people would use the 3rd option, and didnt
want to force his clients to signup. seeing the reports from paypal, 99% of his customers
used the 3rd option of just using their card. they just enter the number, and if necessary
the address to send the item(s) to.

code wise,
there is a native paypal shopping cart, but yew can just use the API like i did. yer website handles all the shopping cart stuff,
then yew just submit that info to paypal when they checkout.

if yew'd like more info, or some sample code (php), feel free to PM me ;D

on that note, there's lots of free / open source shopping cart solutions out there...
here's a review of some of the best... 8 best open-source shopping cart solutions.
personally, i have only ever used cube cart, agora cart, and zen cart.
all three of which were nice. but i usually like to code everything from scratch, that's what im payed for ;D

hope that helps...

Last edited by xero (Feb 15, 2011 6:44 pm)

buffalo, NY

I have used the paypal cart for years and love it!

Sweeeeeeden

Hmmm...

neilbaldwin wrote:

.....oh

Anyone got one of those hilarious 'face palm' pictures?

xero wrote:

Wilmington,NC
xero wrote:

on that note, there's lots of free / open source shopping cart solutions out there...
here's a review of some of the best... 8 best open-source shopping cart solutions.
personally, i have only ever used cube cart, agora cart, and zen cart.
all three of which were nice. but i usually like to code everything from scratch, that's what im payed for ;D

hope that helps...

Wow, we were just looking for another option for folks to buy our merch. Nice links.

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐
danimal cannon wrote:

I have used the paypal cart for years and love it!

well i guess your right.
paypal shopping cart

i guess that came out after i coded my own DIY one, lulz!
but like i said above, it's really simple + straight forward
to make yer own... edited earlier post to reflect this.

soultron wrote:
xero wrote:

Wow, we were just looking for another option for folks to buy our merch. Nice links.

yer welcome.

Last edited by xero (Feb 15, 2011 6:43 pm)

WOW MAN!

Cheers for all the info and links xero. I'll have a good read.

Coincidentally, my hosting has an quick-install Zen Cart package which is quite tempting - any good?