California

can I mention a whole country as a musical influence? because when it comes to chip tune all I have to say is AUSTRALIA.

Canada

Nevermore, hell yes! Really awesome live, too.
I've been a megadeth fan my whole life, and always will be (rust in peace is my favourite era, also).
King Crimson is AMAZING. As well as EL&P.
Great stuff.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Merzbow

Los prisioneros

Steve reich

John Cage

Eduardo Cáceres

Frank Zappa

Electrodomésticos

DJ fracaso

Bill Hicks

György Ligeti

Astor Piazzolla

Last edited by Analog (Feb 20, 2011 1:47 am)

Canada

John Cage! Oooo you Post-modernist;)

Vienna

i hope one day ill be able to write something as beautiful as this.

Hoxton, London UK

Memro
Netsky
+ you guys

Connecticut USA

a lot of early punk rock, VGM composers, film scores. Tristan.

hardcore, Australia

Guitar Wolf

Winter Haven, FL

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

lately it has been rhapsody in blue, armin van buuren 2008, fragile yes.

Seattle, WA

The Fall Of Troy, Circa Survive, Thursday, MAE, The Receiving End of Sirens, YouInSeries, Pistolita...and the one that convinced me for sure to do guitar and LSDJ (even though it's a little cliche) was Anamanaguchi.

Auckland, New Zealand

Although I have only just started my venture into the chipworld... I feel as though I have already developed a sound. I started out thinking I would work on a project which would be mellow, instrumental hip hop..... But what I ended up with was something quite different, quite magical indeed...

Here's what influences my music now:

MORTICIAN

(early) NAPALM DEATH

SUNN O)))

SLEEP (this album only though)

WATCH THIS SPACE! Hopefully should have some stuff recorded soon enough big_smile

Nothing has changed the way I make music more than this interview, and the music of Citrus and Yoga'n'Ants, the projects of interviewee Emori Takeaki.

''For Citrus, as long as the “spirit” was good, it was okay. If someone randomly did a really great take, we’d throw it out. We intentionally used the bad takes. That was the nature of it.''

Last edited by Stevens (Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm)

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

it's a really weird mix for me.
i focus on almost minute details of a sound.

steve reich

the locust

the daughters

converge

an albatross

dispyz

yasunori mitsuda (not just chrono trigger)

hirokazu "hip" tanaka (not just metroid)

just to name a few...

sweden

The Kid, Kpist, Appareil, DAF, Suicide, Joy Division, Depeche Mode, New Order, The Cure, Atom And His Package, SMK, Bad Religion, Microsurgeon, The Smiths, Get Up Kids, At The Drive-in, Prince, Cap n Jazz, Pale, 50Hz, American Football, The Beautiful People, Strip Music, Casiotone for the painfully alone,....

+ tons of bands

Wellington, New Zealand

This man is amazing.