Michigan

Hey dudes,

Help us give Anamanaguchi a warm welcome when they come to MI for the first time ever!

See the facebook event for details, its a contest so help us out! Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?ei … 1409402503

rochester, ny

i'm all about trying new ways to promote shows. was this contest your idea / what do you think of it? it's a neat idea in theory but i'd love to hear how it works out in practice.

Michigan
nickmaynard wrote:

i'm all about trying new ways to promote shows. was this contest your idea / what do you think of it? it's a neat idea in theory but i'd love to hear how it works out in practice.

no it wasnt up to us. in all honesty im not really one for "competitions" like this one, because i feel really narcissistic doing it.

the promoter told us that we're not the only ones who want to open for them apparently, and that now whoever gets the most people to attend via facebook event, are the ones who get the spot on the show.

either way i just want a lot of people to come see two amazing bands regardless of who wins.

rochester, ny
noisewaves wrote:

either way i just want a lot of people to come see two amazing bands regardless of who wins.

right on. good luck with it. the contest aspect of it isn't something i'd ever try with my shows, but i'd be interested to see if it ends up working or not. i feel like if the band you vote for ended up losing, it would give me a reason to NOT go.

if i get the chance to set up another show for anamanaguchi here in rochester, you can play that one! smile

New York City

uuhhhhhhhhhh if i have literally any say in this whatsoever you dudes should play this show - i will puke if you don't

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

im just going to enjoy the show, id be happy just slapping hands with some forum lurkers like yourselves.

Michigan
Anamanaguchi wrote:

i will puke if you don't

hahaha! lets hope we can avoid this.

tell everyone to attend our facebook event, even if they can only be there in spirit!

Canada

Noisewaves + the Guchists would be such a killer show. Come to T0r0nr0.

Michigan

CONTEST ENDS TOMORROW, LETS HAVE SOME SORT OF AWESOME LAST-MINUTE COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY GUYS!

SAY YOULL ATTEND PLEASE!

Ottawa, ON

Just did another session of spamming the event link around.  Hope it helps!
EDIT: AND I EXPECT ANYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD TO DO THE SAME.  SERIOUSLY GUYS.

Last edited by jmr (Mar 14, 2011 10:56 pm)

Neo Jersey

i'm "attending" lol. good luck!

rochester, ny

that's seriously lame if you guys don't get to play this show.

related - come to rochester!

Ottawa, ON

I'm guessing by the fact that you guys cancelled the facebook event that you didn't get the gig?  LAME.

Michigan

WE LOST.

but its alllllllllllllllllllll good. because something so much more amazing is happening that i cant even tell you yet but it will blow your minds.

have patience, we will be announcing shit soon!

Neo Jersey
noisewaves wrote:

WE LOST.

man that sucks. are you still planning an east coast tour soon?

noisewaves wrote:

but its alllllllllllllllllllll good. because something so much more amazing is happening that i cant even tell you yet but it will blow your minds. have patience, we will be announcing shit soon!

blipfest? ...i dont know why im even asking since you cant talk about it lol.

Last edited by HPizzle (Mar 16, 2011 11:23 pm)