Fargo

I feel awkward asking such beginner questions amidst so much success, but I suppose I have to start somewhere.  I have about everything I need to start pro sound modding my DMG.  Eventually I'd like to try 1/8", 1/4", and RCA.  I went to Radioshack and picked up each of these, but the 1/8" came in open or closed circuit.  I'm not quite sure which I should use (again, I'm just starting out).  I read some stuff and it seems to me that the closed circuit could potentially keep the internal speaker working along with the pro sound mod rather than rendering it useless.  I am prepared to be proven wrong, because Low-Gain is a talented man and must have a reason for what he does, but if one of you would be so kind as to explain which style of circuit I should use and why, I would be very grateful.  Also, I'm aware Radioshack is not the most quality supplier for these materials.  Anyone have a good one they could recommend to me?  Many thanks!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

hello,
the prosound mod i use keeps the internal speaking working.
the secret is not clipping the white wire. i leave all the DMG
wiring stock, and just add a new jack.

i have a guide posted on my blog.
http://the.fontvir.us/b10g/?id=119

hope that helps.

Fargo

Totally, thanks!  Does plugging in to the pro sound jack cut the speaker using this method?  Does it matter if I use open circuit or closed?

Last edited by Krubbz (Mar 7, 2011 4:03 pm)