West Yorks, UK

well my luck with mini kp's is not very high. Ive had one "go missing" and now a dropped power pack by a drunk friend has dented the new ones pad.
It constantly thinks its being held down at a particular point, so pressing anywhere else interpolates the two points and gives a skewed reading.

Theres no simple way of even opening the thing (not that i am a pro at such things), is there much chance of being able to fix a dented xy pad mesh or replace it?

I wouldnt be averse to cutting the case to fit a different screen in there, or even just hooking up two potentiometers and a button in place, if it would be doable for someone without a degree in modding?

sad major bummer

Melbourne, Australia

You need to remove one screw from inside the battery compartment and four screws around the edge that hold the black metal part on the front. It takes a bit to open it the first time, but you shouldn't break anything if you're careful.

Last edited by TmTgr (Mar 6, 2011 10:57 pm)

West Yorks, UK

did i misss something? took the plate off but couldnt get inside, can it just be wedged open? I was too afraid to be brutal with it.

Turku, FIN

i've seen video of someone opening kaossilator on youtube. search that, maybe it helps, they are so similar.

West Yorks, UK

Ahh i didnt think of that, thanks keff