hardcore, Australia

godinpants, the fruit born of the unholy union of a japanese whaler and a great blue whale, has decided to release upon the world the brutality that is the "Schrodinger's Punk is Dead" EP.

Equipped with a bass guitar with the volume set to "fuck off" and a gameboy blaring a wall of noisy beats this release is a departure from godinpants previous material through demolishing all preconceived ideas of what chipmusic should be.

Available on bandcamp at name your own price.

This release is available in a limited run of 50 7" records, available at godinpants shows and online. Email god at chkdisbrk dot com for more information. Prices should be roughly $20 for international, and $15 within Australia.

Featuring:
- NO ARPS
- NO UNCE
- ONE PITCH BEND
- NOTHING FROM THE SABARPLUS TUTORIAL
- A GAMEBOY
- THREE PARTS PUNK
- ONE PART DRONE

GET IT NOW!

Last edited by godinpants (Mar 9, 2011 10:56 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

FUCK BANDCAMP. I WANT DAT VINALS.

Melbourne, Australia
10k wrote:

THIS ^^

Save me one please GIP.

hardcore, Australia

I seriously cannot wait for them to show up. Trimming/folding all the covers last night got me so pumped for it.

Ontario, Canada

I dig this EP, I kind of felt like the punk-y tracks could have used something more, some crust punk-esque vocals or something, they seemed a bit empty to me, but still enjoyed them.  The last track was my favourite, the doom/sludge-y style works really well, vocals could fit well there too, but that track definitely doesn't need it.  Overall, I really like the style/sound of this EP, the use of kits is great,  I love the chincy sound of LSDJ kits when they're used in the right context.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
celsius wrote:
10k wrote:

THIS ^^

Save me one please GIP.

Save me two. I want to be able to juggle them on my decks.

@J. Arthur: I totally feel you on that one. I'm also feeling that this is a stepping stone to exactly what you're talking about. Particularly with the deviation from what gip was releasing and how much more he is (seeming) to enjoy playing this kind of material live. Next release: vox.

hardcore, Australia

(actually, i've been playing around with the idea of a psychobilly release next, but no promises)

and yeah i am enjoying playing this stuff a lot more. i feel like i'm not cheating anymore, not that chip is cheating, but i'm more involved.

vocals seem to be what most people are suggesting. i'll think about it in the future.

Melbtown, Lolstralia

I dunno if vocals are essential... I agree the final "Doom" track is incredible but I don't think it would be as great if it wasn't preceded by brash harsh fast tracks... I like the instrumental nature and "stripped back" rawness of this sound

amaze

hardcore, Australia

The "doom" track almost had some gregorian chanting overlaid onto it.
And the transition will make more sense on vinyl.

A side is blast beats and punk
B side is doom

Auckland, New Zealand

This is honestly, and in my personal opinion only, THE best thing I have heard so far this year. GIP, this is amazing. Save me a vinyl, bro.

Also, I seriously think you should come to Auckland in August. Play this shit live. You can use my amp wink

BOSTON

this is pretty fucking good

Deep sea expedition is MASSIVE. def my fav track. album art is great too. good, chip need more people doing original things

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Mar 10, 2011 7:37 am)

Unsubscribe

i really liked it.. needs some vocals, and i wish the bass sound was more mic'ed cabienty.. but GIVE ME MOAR

hardcore, Australia

I'll think about recording the next one "live" Problem is i own a tiny amp that is too hi-fi for playing dirty punk, and i dont have a decent mic.

Brazil

Can't listen now, but will soon, sounds nice cause bass is always nice.