FlashHeart

** NOTE: Pulsewave is a week earlier than usual ! **

Winter is on its last frostbitten legs, groundhogs are seeing their shadows and New Yorkers are beginning to see bare limbs.The flowers and the birds are making their yearly debuts and we at Pulsewave think it only fair that we introduce you to some brand new chiptune landmarks. PopSTAR marks his first ever live gig at this Pulsewave and we’re proud to bring him to your attention and subsequent adoration. Pop group FlashHeart, t…he new project from Natty, will make its graceful debut. And Graffiti Monsters returns to the Tank after a lamentably long absence to perform the “Doppelganger” album in its entirety and to celebrate the release of a brand-new album. Our musicians will be chaperoned this evening by video artist enso and very special guest The C-Men! So come out from under the blankets, get a bit unbuttoned, and shake the cold from your bones.

Music:

Graffiti Monsters / Mark Denardo (Composer)

Mark is an 8-bit musician who composes for bands, games, and dance.He has lived and worked in Allentown, Chicago, and Brooklyn, adapting folk noise and punk forms in music. Folktales and myths are his main inspiration, from the cave dance to the video game. He currently writes music for flash game pioneers Pixeljam games, and the sludge folk guitar duo Fables. He lives in Brooklyn with a woman and two cats and teaches at Tradtional Okinawan Karate, an I-Shin Ryu school.

FlashHeart

FlashHeart is a three-piece pop group with beats for your buttocks, melodies for your heart, energy for your guts, and lyrics for your head. By turns melancholy and exultant, FlashHeart’s music is Romance at its most tempestuous and mercurial; offered with eloquent tongue in delicate cheek.

PopSTAR

After spending a good portion of his life studying classical piano and wasting time playing video games, Tate Gregor is thrilled that he’s found a legitimate way to combine the two. He works almost exclusively with Little Sound DJ and his two Gameboys, to express his deepest emotions through the majesty of Chipmusic. Under the name PopSTAR, Tate’s just starting out in the New York 8-bit scene, but he can’t wait to share his unique blend of classical chord structures and dynamic club beats with the world.

Video:
The C-Men

10 years ago Sjors and Julian decided to call themselves The C-Men, and armed with 2 Amiga computers they carved out a name in the Dutch VJ scene doing many gigs, lectures, workshops and art installations; both in their native country and abroad. After 5 years they split up, Sjors becoming one of the founders of the papertoy scene and Julian continuing the low-res visual crusade, making videoclips for people like Lenny Kravitz and founding the C64 Orchestra. Recently the two reunited for their 10 year anniversary with a devastating live set to show once more that they still kill the old way.

Enso

enso is Alex Bond, a live visualist and illustration student from NY currently living in Philly. He enjoys art nouveau, old computers, outer space, and good vibes. His work has been exhibited at the Esther M. Klein Gallery in Philadelphia and at the Playlist show at iMAL in Brussels.

Event Details:

Doors at 8:00 P.M. All Ages – $10
The Tank, 354 West 45th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenues)
GOOGLE MAP – http://3.ly/thetank
BY SUBWAY – A, C, E, N, Q, R, 1, 2, 3, B, D, F, V, S, or 7 to 42nd Street

Tweet @pulsewave !

http://pulsewavenyc.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pulsewavenyc

Last edited by Natty (Mar 12, 2011 6:24 pm)

FlashHeart

Really psyched about the buzz this is generating.

brooklyn!

should be fucking rad. who's flash heart?

FlashHeart

My new band. Although we just found out that the guitar player can't make it... so... me with a piano player.

FlashHeart

Tomorrow! Hope to see everyone who posted there!

Brooklyn NY US

Psyched as hell. New Natty + Drum Machine Dating Service project? Hearing Doppelganger live and in-full? Full set by upstart PopSTAR? Visuals by the C-Men?? It's a no-brainer. Also, just so people know, this'll be everyone's  first chance to get early copies of the next 8bitpeoples release. JUST SAYIN'.

FlashHeart
Bit Shifter wrote:

Also, just so people know, this'll be everyone's  first chance to get early copies of the next 8bitpeoples release. JUST SAYIN'.

HELL YEAH.

BK

I'll be there. Lookin' forward to it for sure.

Brooklyn NY US

This was dope.

Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mekkwarrior! Ah-ah-ah-ahhhhh!! Hey, does anyone have any recordings of my open mic?

BK

This was indeed dope.

Bronx, NY

Iron Curtain was my favorite of the open-mic. Flash Heart was awesome, and I'm still so happy for popSTAR for killin' his first performance!

New York City

Photos from the show are posted on www.chiptography.com !! smile

Brooklyn NY US

Tate is a dead ringer for {insert futuristic sci-fi anime protagonist of your choice}

FlashHeart

Tate is going to be the new 8 Bit pin-up. He's going to give David Sugar a run for his money.

Philly, PA, USA

Tate is definitely in the running for best hair in the chip scene (don't tell Tim)