rochester, ny

check out a video of it here - revengineers@tumblr

My band typically plays along to pre-written LSDJ tunes but with the newer songs we've been working on there are a lot of sections where it doesn't make practical sense to use something pre-programmed, for example - sections where we jam a little bit and play it differently every time or where there are unusual tempo changes. So I turned an NES controller into a foot pedal.

I also modified No Carrier's Vegaplay code slightly to use with the pedal. Like I say in the video, his program allows you to press Up and Down to scroll through the tracks of an NSF file. I modified it so that way each button of the controller is associated with a specific track of the NSF. When you press UP, it plays the first track of the NSF. Pressing Down will trigger track 2, and so on.

Pretty basic mods but it's really useful.

If anyone wants one of these, I'll build it for $50. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

East Kilbride, Scotland

This seems extremely useful. Great idea!

Michigan

sooooo tight.

might be interested in one. ill let you know!

noisewaves wrote:

sooooo tight.

I could definitely see you using this is your set!

rochester, ny
noisewaves wrote:

sooooo tight.

yeah, it'd work awesome for your stuff. the program is a modified version of vegaplay so it's insanely easy to program stuff in famitracker and then create a new ROM for different sets of sounds. let me know!

Neo Jersey

i don't think i'd have a use for it at the moment but still pretty nifty!

thieveland ohio

i would love to see the code!