Seattle, WA

something that always bugged me on 8bc was having to click to the song i want, click play, listen, then hit back and go to the next song.

i always wished there was some way to just listen to all the songs one after another while commenting without any interruption

do you guys think this is possible?

New York City

KInd of like Bandcamp, you mean?

Los Angeles

Its possible. Im really not looking forward to feature requests as its alot of work getting everything up in the first place. smile

It's like reinventing the wheel when the old wheel was square.

trash80 wrote:

Its possible. Im really not looking forward to feature requests as its alot of work getting everything up in the first place. smile

If you need some flash work done for the player hit me up!

Los Angeles
Flopps wrote:
trash80 wrote:

Will do.

Another note I always wanted and was thinking about for [insert site] was a kind of jukebox (<- insert a better word here) player where you could have public playlists with comments and realtime interaction.

Manchester,UK
trash80 wrote:
Flopps wrote:

Will do.

Another note I always wanted and was thinking about for [insert site] was a kind of jukebox (<- insert a better word here) player where you could have public playlists with comments and realtime interaction.

Yeah i was going to suggewst something similar, it sounds like a great idea and a good way for new music to be shared.

uhajdafdfdfa

My dream would be a netradio! So members could click a button called something like "queue this track to be played on the netradio", and it would be added to the queue, and then after all the requests before that have been played, it gets played. Probably also you'd need to limit the number of requests per member (5 a day or something) to stop the queue getting too long, and have songs 'locked' once they've been requested, for a day at least, so it doesn't become the same stuff over and over.

I know it's probably never going to happen (too much hard work) but it would be an amazing feature.

Los Angeles
ant1 wrote:

My dream would be a netradio! So members could click a button called something like "queue this track to be played on the netradio", and it would be added to the queue, and then after all the requests before that have been played, it gets played. Probably also you'd need to limit the number of requests per member (5 a day or something) to stop the queue getting too long, and have songs 'locked' once they've been requested, for a day at least, so it doesn't become the same stuff over and over.

I know it's probably never going to happen (too much hard work) but it would be an amazing feature.

Easy to do, unfortunately there are soooo many other things on the plate right now.

uhajdafdfdfa

Ah, maybe once all the important things are sorted out then! smile

Melbourne, Australia
yuh wrote:

something that always bugged me on 8bc was having to click to the song i want, click play, listen, then hit back and go to the next song.

i always wished there was some way to just listen to all the songs one after another while commenting without any interruption

do you guys think this is possible?

Frames right?

Chicago IL

regardless of this forum,  8bc definitely has next / last entry buttons

Los Angeles
Saskrotch wrote:

regardless of this forum,  8bc definitely has next / last entry buttons

I'm pretty sure I'm the one who added that feature. tongue

Chicago IL

i'm just saying i dunno why he needs to hit the back button on 8bc, unless he's talking about putting together a playlist before hand

Definitely feeling the user generated playlists idea. With tags and relate playlists and cntinuous play and anniphone app... Hahahaha

Seattle, WA

srsly tho i would really like a next button big_smile

Last edited by yuh (Jan 28, 2010 1:35 am)

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

i have discussed this w/ nitro2k01 on gmail.
i wrote a custom php xml/rss feed aggregator
that works flawlessly with flash. all we'd have
to do is setup the aggregator w/ correct SQL
table/column/row names and we could be set.
it's totally searchable too, so it's not just the
newest items. then i (and 1000'x of other flashers)
could make some really awesome jukeboxes and
audio visualizers for the site ;D

hit me up if your interested.