Massachusetts

Controllerthrow, in cooperation with Nonelectronics, are proud to announce the first ever CTUK LSDJ Showdown. This is an international LSDJ song writing contest. The winner will receive 1 “prosound” modified Gameboy (original), with a Nonfinite Backlighting Kit preinstalled (v2 with on/off switch), and emblazoned with an official CTUK decal. Also included will be 1 64MB EMS Cartridge (rewritable), with a registered version of LSDJ preinstalled. Roughly a $200.00USD value, entirely free to the winner, shipped anywhere in the world. To all contestants and runners up is the potential for feature in our Chiptune Focus series or Podcast, and the opportunity to be paired with game developers from all over the globe.

Judges:
Awesome Force
Michael "Bibin" Moffitt
James of Br1ght Pr1mate
Chipzel
Freque
Jellica
NeX
Nonfinite

Visit Controllerthrow for details.

BOSTON

I WANT TO HEAR YOUR AWESOME TRACKS FOR THIS GUISE!

Ontario, Canada

I should do this, the gameboy I got for my 3rd birthday is starting to fall apart.

Hrmm, no post-processing at all eh? Good practice for mixing within LSDJ I guess. I think I'll retool one of my tracks to send in.
Sweet contest guys!

You should also probably specify to have no linked LSDJ carts to make judging more fair.

quite the lineup of judges!

Massachusetts

Thanks for the suggestion an0va, we'd discussed this but I finally made the update to the terms & conditions based on your suggestion. Please submit your tracks before or on the date on April 15th! We'll be making an announcement soon concerning prizes for runners up!

J. Arthur Keenes wrote:

I should do this, the gameboy I got for my 3rd birthday is starting to fall apart.

crap, how am I suppose to win if you compete tongue

DO IT

Massachusetts

CTUK LSDJ Showdown - Promo Video

this is gonna sound real nooby but i dont care when do i send my entry big_smile

Massachusetts

You can submit any time on or before April 15th (2011) on the competition thread. You'll need a user account to do so.

Last edited by Freque (Apr 3, 2011 6:58 am)

Massachusetts

The CTUK LSDJ Showdown will no longer be accepting submissions after midnight (your timezone) on Friday, April 15th. If you would like to submit a track, please do so by then! The winner will be announced May 1st!
First Place Prize: 1 painted, prosound, backlit (with on/off switch) DMG-01, with cartridge, carrying case, and link cables.
Second Place Prize: 1 painted, backlit Gameboy Pocket with carrying case.
Third Place Prize: 1 Prosound Gameboy Color with carrying case.
Thanks to everyone who's participated! Good luck to you all!

WILL finish my song tonight!

Massachusetts

Grand Prize Gameboy:
https://8bc.org/images/Freque/CTUK+LSDJ … DAY%21%29/

Ontario, Canada

Oh lordy, time flies, I completely forgot about this, maybe I'll try to do something right now.

Finished! It's only about 2:30 long, but it's all over the place. wink Uploading now with a half hour to spare!