Hey knowledgeable guys, I pulled out my trusty DMG today to whip up some tunes and realized that I'd left it on all day while at school (~10 hours). It didn't work, so I replaced the batteries. It still didn't work, though the batteries themselves may have been dead; I found them in the back of my desk. I won't be able to get new batteries until at least Monday. So what I want to know is, how can I fix my DMG, and--MOST IMPORTANTLY--will this damage my Nanoloop 1.3 cartridge, which had been inside the DMG?

The gameboy is prosound and backlighted if that has any effect.

Massachusetts, USA

I would recommend trying with some brand new batteries before opening anything up.  No sense tinkering unless you know for sure that something is busted.  Did you install the backlight and audio jack yourself, or have someone else do it?

Do you have a back-up gameboy to test out your nanoloop cart?

Apeshit did it for me (don't know if he's on here).

I have another gameboy, but no batteries sad I can't get new ones until Monday.

I mean, is there current running through key components of the cartridge while the DMG is on?

Santa Barbara, California

It just sounds like a bad-battery issue to me.. Prosounding really doesn't mess with anything that would cause a problem like that. And backlighting drains battery like a mo'fo.
Your cart should be fine too, think about it. Over time you would have used your gameboy/nanoloop till the set of batteries died anyways.

Sure, but not ALL AT ONCE. The batteries were WARM when I took them out!

I know I'm probably overreacting, but I don't know much about the inner workings of the dmg so I thought it was worth asking about tongue

Boulder, CO

You're overreacting, the batteries are dead.

BK

Yeah I agree with Adam. You're fine. If it's still shot with new batteries in there, let us know, but really...you're probably just fine.

Chicago IL

yo um

you know there's a light that indicates battery power right

Tacoma WA

i've left shitwave feedback loops playing for 8 or 9 hours at a time with no issues..

Matthew Joseph Payne

Yeah dude, try some batteries before you freak out. That's all it sounds like.

Sweeeeeeden
infradead wrote:

i've left shitwave feedback loops playing for 8 or 9 hours at a time with no issues..

Duly noted.

Ciudad de méxico, MX
infradead wrote:

heart

OK, thanks for the advice.