Tokyo, Japan

subsection seems a little lonely with only 2 small threads after a couple of weeks.

"Other Hardware
Keyboards/Mixers/Effects/Bending"

??

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

I'll be doing some fun things over there shortly. been trying to catch-up on other projects first. So dont be trying to take away my section homie!

I have a sequencer pcb in the works, to be installed into instruments to sync w/ other devices such as gb's or anything w/ analog clock or midi clock. Should be fun. I also have a bunch of instruments i'm putting together that i will post pictures of the progress, and include design guides, etc.

Central-ish VA
low-gain wrote:

I'll be doing some fun things over there shortly. been trying to catch-up on other projects first. So dont be trying to take away my section homie!

I have a sequencer pcb in the works, to be installed into instruments to sync w/ other devices such as gb's or anything w/ analog clock or midi clock. Should be fun. I also have a bunch of instruments i'm putting together that i will post pictures of the progress, and include design guides, etc.

And then my virtual machine exploded and I no longer have th source files.  sad  Looks like I'm losing the race, eh?

Tokyo, Japan
low-gain wrote:

I'll be doing some fun things over there shortly. been trying to catch-up on other projects first. So dont be trying to take away my section homie! .

Sorry brother, didn't realize we had such and able caretaker waiting in the wings, do your thing man!

astral cat

i think circuit bending should stay separate. It's a whole different animal wink

low-gain wrote:

Wow!
I've had ideas for a multi-purpose step sequencer for quite a while now. My idea was to use transistors as an on/off switch where you then could connect just about any low voltage source. Like triggering a note on a synth or a circuit bent something or maybe some low current lights. Haven't looked into any specs or such, but I think it would be possible. I was thinking 8 outputs on 1/4" and a rather classic step sequencer panel layout.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

Wow!
I've had ideas for a multi-purpose step sequencer for quite a while now. My idea was to use transistors as an on/off switch where you then could connect just about any low voltage source. Like triggering a note on a synth or a circuit bent something or maybe some low current lights. Haven't looked into any specs or such, but I think it would be possible. I was thinking 8 outputs on 1/4" and a rather classic step sequencer panel layout.

I wish we lived closer man... we'd be having lots of fun as we are on the exact same page.

I'm working on a simple analog 8 step sequencer right now for simple trigger sequencing via transistor switching or 4066 based...
i've also begun planning out my first coding project, It will end up being a kit that people can buy to build a super small 16 step digital gate sequencer
with pattern storage, forward, reverse, forward/reverse, and random running directions. it will be a 4 channel gate sequencer.
push buttons w/ led indicators, analog clock in/out, midi in/out/thru(for midi clock sync only)

Getting excited yet? i  sure am. i just wish i had time to sit down with it and start working out the details.. i'm already thinking i'm going to run into port issues due to the number of things i want it to have. But again. i'm new to the world of microprocessors.. so it will take me a bit of time w/ this one.
unless i just hire someone to do the code work for me. The kit will be freak'n bad ass though. i can't wait to install them into all sorts of instruments.
I have a huge line of bent drum machines coming out soon that this sequencer is going to play really nicely into those. :-D

When i get the 8 step board done though i can send you one to play with if you'd like..

Central-ish VA

Low-Gain, I had an image from tinypic hotlinked, a screenshot of an analog 8-step sequencer board I've already laid out.  Based upon 4017s and 4066s, it also includes LSDJ and Nanoloop sync options.  But for some reason chipmusic.org deleted it and replaced with some crazy .gif.  Ehh...

Last edited by Beverage (Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

My idea was to use transistors as an on/off switch where you then could connect just about any low voltage source. Like triggering a note on a synth or a circuit bent something or maybe some low current lights.

oh by the way. i have a pcb i'm waiting to send out for manufacturing that is exactly this. 1/4" jack w/ transistor/resistor circuit for installing trigger inputs on instruments.. :-D will allow for pnp/npn transistor use. Should be cool. i just have to find the cash to send these gerbers out. lol

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
Beverage wrote:

Low-Gain, I had an image from tinypic hotlinked, a screenshot of an analog 8-step sequencer board I've already laid out.  Based upon 4017s and 4066s, it also includes LSDJ and Nanoloop sync options.  But for some reason chipmusic.org deleted it and replaced with some crazy .gif.  Ehh...

Did you ever get those boards made? Think i read it like yous aid you lost your gerbers.
If you still have the schematics perhaps we can expand upon it... and make it better.
there were some things i wanted to add to yours when we last talked about it.

i wanted to try one out..

also are you using 4017's to do clock conversion for the the sync options?

low-gain wrote:

Getting excited yet?

You have no idea! big_smile
This all sounds really, really interesting! Be sure to keep us posted on how this develops.

Central-ish VA
low-gain wrote:
Beverage wrote:

Did you ever get those boards made? Think i read it like yous aid you lost your gerbers.
If you still have the schematics perhaps we can expand upon it... and make it better.
there were some things i wanted to add to yours when we last talked about it.

i wanted to try one out..

also are you using 4017's to do clock conversion for the the sync options?

I do still have the schematic - my gerbers are gone though.  And I'd love to hear about some other ideas - these things can't be kept to one mind you know.  I am using 4017s to do the clock conversion:  divide by 48 for LSDJ and divide by 12 for Nanoloop.

http://www.vimeo.com/7761717

Video of the one I made without a fabbed board - just some RadioShack thing.

Tokyo, Japan

Suggest retitling thing thread and moving it to the awesome circuitbending forum.