Hey!
Is there an effect or a way to emulate the V-command from lsdj, in LGPT? Thanks!

/Konni

Make a table and experiment with the PFIN (pitch fine tune) and/or PTCH commands and you can definitely emulate it. Basically you use two commands. One that bends it up and the other bends it down. Then it alternates between them and does the same thing that vibrato does. It's better than vibrato in a way though cause you can tweak things really specifically. Good luck! smile

Last edited by L-tron (Mar 29, 2011 9:14 pm)

Brazil

PFIN is what is recommended, then you use the HOP command to give a better timing to the vibratto, in like

PFIN aabb
HOP aa00
PFIN aabb
HOP aa02
HOP 0000

use the aa to set the time you want it to stay at 00 or 02. You can experiment with this, even using 4 hops or whatever.

strangely I don't seem to have PFIN, only PTCH...

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Then you downloaded the "stable" version which is way behind on features. Just grab the latest "Ghetto Build" for your platform of choice and replace your old executable with the new one.

You can find the ghetto builds at the bottom of the download page: http://littlegptracker.com/download.php

Brazil

PTCH might work, but not as good since it's linear, where PFIN (and for a matter of fact LEGA) is exponential [this is me assuming about PFIN]

Also, I tend to look at the manual quite often: http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … nce_manual

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Mar 30, 2011 2:49 pm)

AH! I always assumed ghetto builds would be super unstable so I never downloaded them...

THANKS FOR THE HELP ALL PEOPLES!

thanks guys this is working great

Brazil

the unstable part is true, but scares the n00bz and only the 1337 download.

>.>
<.<

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I use the latest PSP ghetto build a lot and I've never had any stability issues of any description. Even with a lot of effects and channels running simultaneously. Other platforms may be less stable, though.

San Francisco

stability wise i have had the exact same experience with stable and ghetto.
both work well. once in a while i will get a freeze. save frequently and its not a problem.

Brazil

Yeah, I had some chrashes and minor bugs both windows and dingoo ghettoes, but nothing that is impossible to overlook.

shanghai

i want to bump this rather than start a new thread because what is a fairly simple query about lgpt.
when i make my folders of samples for it and drop them onto ze psp there is obviously a certain file size limit that crashes the thing.
does anyone know this limit ? i think its maybe for the sample duration. For example i had a fairly long horror film sample i was using and when i go to load a certain splice of it that is perhaps more than a few seconds long, it crashes.
Anyone know the limit to sample lenght......and also total number/size of samples allowed for each track.
sorry if this is retard but its p p pissin me off a tad.

Abandoned on Fire
Downstate wrote:

i want to bump this rather than start a new thread because what is a fairly simple query about lgpt.
when i make my folders of samples for it and drop them onto ze psp there is obviously a certain file size limit that crashes the thing.
does anyone know this limit ? i think its maybe for the sample duration. For example i had a fairly long horror film sample i was using and when i go to load a certain splice of it that is perhaps more than a few seconds long, it crashes.
Anyone know the limit to sample lenght......and also total number/size of samples allowed for each track.
sorry if this is retard but its p p pissin me off a tad.

I asked a similar question a while back.  The answer I got was that it all depends on how much ram you've got.  For PSP that means either 32 or 64 MB (look up your specific model).  Of course, there's other stuff using ram besides your samples so I'm not sure an exact "choke size" is possible to find?

Unsubscribe

Protip: Pitch shift the sample in a editor and then downshift it in piggy, takes up much less space at the cost of some fidelity.

shanghai

WERD.thanks guys. herr_prof, i just did exactly that. well i was dumping just raw waveforms onto it, figured it was more economical of size to upload octave 5 of everything for the exact reason you said. deez 808 beats are quick as punch, sandwiched them with 909's and all the waveforms under the sun. seems to be working at about 22mb this folder. peace