Melbourne

thought i might start posting here. dunno why i felt the need to make an introductory thread, let me know if it's against the rules!

maybe a handful of you guys might know me? i recognise a few names.

i'll try not to spam too much before i become a regular here. but here are some of my tunes anyway.

http://pselodux.bandcamp.com/album/city … poke-world

i'm not "strictly chip", i use quite a lot of chip/demoscene elements in my tracks but also take influence from kraut rock, drum and bass, popular dance music and metal.

anyway i hope to start posting here pretty often. the other forum i hang around at is getting a bit stale.

Last edited by pselodux (Mar 30, 2011 12:07 am)

hardcore, Australia

You forgot to mention your girlfriend destroyed 10k.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

As I said, she is lucky she is a redhead. If she wasn't... things would have gone down differently!

I do love me a redhead.

Melbourne
10k wrote:

As I said, she is lucky she is a redhead. If she wasn't... things would have gone down differently!

I do love me a redhead.

haha! we were both quite inebriated by that point i think. i screamed ridiculously into the microphone at some point didn't i?

that was such a great gig. best soundbytes i've been to, and the best gig i've played, hands down. inspired me to write more dance stuff.

and yeah redheads are excellent

Last edited by pselodux (Mar 30, 2011 2:43 am)

Tacoma WA

i really feel like i missed something awesome in Australia, again

Yeah, I'm totally lost haha

Melbourne, Australia

You guys don't know the half of it. big_smile

Melbourne

yep it was a crazy night! about 4 or 5 of us jumped on 10k about halfway through his set. and my girlfriend picked him up off stage, sending him crashing to the ground and disconnecting the audio somehow (?) at least that's how i remember it. i was pretty smashed, heh.

hardcore, Australia

The second member of ten thousand free men and their families was relatively unharmed though.

...son.

Melbourne, Australia

infradead and apt-get - so get over here for a show already smile  I kind of wish my phone hadn't gone flat so I could have live tweeted. Although from the merch desk I couldn't tell what the deal was with the "I would end you" and broken teeth at that point
gip - I still think its hilarious that 10K is now a "them"
pselodux - the Aussie contingent's pretty strong here and the more the better! smile

if only Tom could perform with a mouthguard.... although singing would be a little tricky. Hope you have health insurance for blip Thomas tongue

Melbourne
dosPrompt wrote:

Although from the merch desk I couldn't tell what the deal was with the "I would end you" and broken teeth at that point

haha, he said that to my girlfriend, something like "if i didn't have such a boner for redheads i would END you!" after she pulled him down off the stage.

also have i met you at one of the shows? i'm bad enough with putting pseudonyms to faces, let alone given names.

How common are chip shows in Australia? Hahaha

Melbourne

not sure about other states, but soundbytes in melbourne happens about 2-3 times a year, i think? and there seem to be bursts of other related electronic shows in melbourne every now and then.

hardcore, Australia

apt-get they happen all the time actually.
Typically pocket music(run by dot.ay) in brisbane is monthly.

Soundbytes (run by celsius and dosprompt) in melbourne tends to be bi-montly (or it used to, now its whenever someone comes here)

Nerdstrobe (by 10k and the birdsrobe collective) and Death Rave (from abortifacient) in sydney are usually about one every two months, sometimes monthly, sometimes further apart.

Melbourne

i really should get over to sydney again soon and play a gig somewhere. maybe we can do a guitar/bass/chip doom set gip?

lol we could stand/sit facing each other with a gameboy in the middle

Last edited by pselodux (Mar 31, 2011 4:01 am)