New York City

Hey guys!

IS there anybody in here using the Goomba emulator and LSDJ? I just cannot seem to get it to work.
How does one go about putting your SAV file into the emulator so it loads my songs? Teh frontend doesn't seem to do it. Is it impossible?

I loaded two LSDJ copies into it an it started up with a corrupt memory instead of a blank one. Is Goomba incompatible with LSDJ? I kind of remember seeing it mentioned in the LSDJ mailing list as an emu that actually works well with LSDJ.

Any help apreciated, I need to see if I can use it as an alternative to one of my GBs.

IL, US

yeah, .sav files wont work in goomba, the only saving goomba allows for are save states (unless its changed in the last 2 years)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm 90% pretty sure my girlfriend got .sav files working with Goomba but it was a while ago and I can't remember how. Sadly that GBA flash cart is now dead, so I'm not sure I can be of much help.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

have read somewhere about the goomba sav file  being extracted with an hex editor of the file size of the .gb version sav on the lsdj wiki, can't find it now.

i got it working with an ez-flash4, some time ago.

good luck!

EDIT: have you looked the lsdj download page? there are some special "patched" versions. Only one .sav each lsdj goomba copy.

so, multiple lsdj goomba rom copies with their particular .sav:

lsdj.gba   -> lsdj.sav
lsdj2.gba -> lsdj2.sav

like that.

Also, if i recall correctly, the save state can't handle multiple lsdj proyects, only the one loaded on the memory (not in a saved proyect), 'cause of goomba limitations. feel free to correct me.

Last edited by Analog (Mar 31, 2011 6:45 am)

New York City

Hmmm but does the software load the SAV that I put with the same name of the ROM when I make the list?
This is crap, LameboyDS sounds like whit with LSDJ and I need something to use on my DS sad

IL, US

DS is a little sparse for audio uses, i share your pain sad my ds gets almost no use for musical stuff and little use for games anymore (besides when i want to play 20 minutes of meteos)

New York City

So if it is possible to hex edit the file to reach the SAV, I am all into it. Anybody has a clue which offset of bytes is where the save file is?

New York City

By the way, the goomba patched version still creates corrupted sav files. At least in my case.
It would be awesome to run this hmm

New York City

Uhm... no one?

LSDJ thread  in Nintendo Consoles and not in Nintendo Handhelds

Ciudad de méxico, MX

i feel your pain akira.

definetively the info on the internet is lost/erased. i remember doing the hex thingy by reading it somewhere (maybe the lsdj wiki?)

the thing that i recall is that it can't work on the goomba color, i have to use the goomba classic instead.

so, then in the emu options you can make the proyect to save/load itself automagically.

the drawback with goomba is that you can't save the proyect ala LSDJ, i mean in the song library along with the space we all are used to use; instead it saves in the memory of the rom (like when on a real gameboy you play around with the song but never save it, is still present.) it will work like a save state, and only one by each copy of the goomba_lsdj rom.

so you'll need the classic goomba and the correct sav: LSDJ1.gba for LSDJ1.SAV in the correct .sav folder ( there was a .sav folder on eazyflash4, that's the one that i've used).

I've quitted to lsdj on goomba about 3 years from now so i'm trying to remember all of this.

Last edited by Analog (Apr 12, 2011 9:19 pm)

New York City
Heosphoros wrote:

LSDJ thread  in Nintendo Consoles and not in Nintendo Handhelds

Same shit, different shape/ tongue

thanks Analog! I don't mind having ony one song at a tme (I can save many ROMs), but I don't know how to put my own savs into it hmm

Ciudad de méxico, MX

http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/boards/v … 0ba552d5cf

something along these lines buddy

good luck!

Venezuela
e.s.c. wrote:

DS is a little sparse for audio uses, i share your pain sad my ds gets almost no use for musical stuff and little use for games anymore (besides when i want to play 20 minutes of meteos)

WTF???? there are plenty apps for DS to compose, create music and live! :SSS...

@Akira, ebot y yo usabamos esa configuracion, pero realmente no recuerdo nada de como era el asunto.

Usabamos supercard + lsdj.GBA (ojo, GBA) un convertidor para los SAV files. El problema era que lo SAV eran de 64kb (si mal no recuerdo) y creo que el q sale del cartucho normal de LSDJ o de los emuladores es de 128kb.

Hay un convertidor por ahi, pero no recuerdo el nombre, lo estuve buscando y no lo consegui. Porque desde que tengo los cartuchos para el GB, me olvide de esa "poronga".

Porque no usas el LAMEBOY para NDS???? funciona perfecto, cargas tu LSDJ, salvas y todo perfecto sin tener q complicarte. El sav funciona en cualquier emulador y te sirve para sacar luego las canciones si queires.

http://lameboy.nutki.com

Igual revisa el link q paso analog, creo que si no era ese el convertidor, era algo parecido.

Yo que tu venderia esos trastes y me compraria otra caanoo con el dinero!!! jajaja

Unsubscribe

actually not to take the thread offtopic but I noticed there where tons of dsiware audio apps. Anyone try rymatik?

New York City
ui wrote:

Porque no usas el LAMEBOY para NDS???? funciona perfecto, cargas tu LSDJ, salvas y todo perfecto sin tener q complicarte. El sav funciona en cualquier emulador y te sirve para sacar luego las canciones si queires.

For the record: lameboy sounds like absolute SHIT! Just try LSDJ in it. It blows. All you hear is a hiss. The wav channel doesn't work. I tested all my tunes and they all sound like garbage.
This is why I wanted to try Goomba.