Dude, does anyone else get that fan boy feeling whenever you see your favorite chiptuners online? heart

IL, US

nah
/me = jaded

Bronx, NY

I bet I would have if I ever visited these kinds of forums before I met 90% of these people IRL...

Though actually, when I interviewed for the internship with 8bitpeoples back in 2008, I remember thinking "Yooo, it's Nullsleep! Holy shit! And Bit Shifter too! And...uh...two other people..."

The two other people were Mike Rosenthal and JYK.

Last edited by DaPantz (Mar 31, 2011 10:00 pm)

Hmm, I guess it's different for me. I'm originally from chicago and have been living in denver for 2 years now. I've only been seriously writing chiptunes for about a year but have been listening to it for much longer.

As far as I have gathered, most chiptuners of acclaim are from the east coast.  The only ones I've met are anamanaguchi and that's just cause they recently played part of their tour here.  Pretty chill dudes.

It's a really surreal feeling standing in a room full of people you've spent a long time socializing with solely via the internet. Blip '09 definitely felt like stepping into another reality. But as for feeling starstruck, no way. People are people.

IL, US

If you're from Chicago, you should've been going to shows here...there's myself, saskrotch,kkrusty, etc

Chicago IL

THE FUCK YOU KNOW BOUT MY HOOD

hardcore, Australia
PlainFlavored wrote:

People are people.

[failed insertion of depeche mode img]

Last edited by godinpants (Mar 31, 2011 11:42 pm)

Florida

While I respect a lot of the artists... I don't think I could be starstruck by anyone who works in the genre.

Melbourne

maybe if fleshbrain or michiel van den bos started posting here.. i'm not too familiar with recent chiptune/demoscene artists

I feel ya man haha. When I first registered, I saw Saskrotch online and I died a little inside. Next time I came on and there was Bit Shifter and I couldn't believe my eyes.

apt-get wrote:

I feel ya man haha. When I first registered, I saw Saskrotch online and I died a little inside. Next time I came on and there was Bit Shifter and I couldn't believe my eyes.

Yeah, a good once in a while they step down from the heavens to use the internet just like regular mortals.

We are not worth of Saskrotch's beats or Bit Shifter's melodies........

Wait....

I just realized. Imagine what you'd do for a Saskrotch/Shifter split. Try to think of some kind of limit. None exists.

hardcore, Australia
apt-get wrote:

I just realized. Imagine what you'd do for a Saskrotch/Shifter split. Try to think of some kind of limit. None exists.

Less then i'm doing in this thread.

DMG IN MOUTH

Boulder, CO

Please put away your boners. You're scaring the wildlife.