IL, US

the 505 needs to be set to external midi clock manually, its somewhere in the midi menus (dont have batteries in mine right now, or id be more specific)
edit: though if its syncing to the computer, that seems weird..

Sweeeeeeden
e.s.c. wrote:

edit: though if its syncing to the computer, that seems weird..

I think he means the computer can receive the clock from the Arduinoboy...

IL, US
PULSELOOPER wrote:

The 505 syncs to the computer without a problem, but not with the Game Boy.

doesnt seem like it, but it might be a good thing to test

edit: also, as silly as this question seems, did you hit play on the 505? lsdj might not send start/stop signals, just raw clock

PULSELOOPER wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

midiout doesnt send clock sync. You need Lsdj master.

Tried master mode as well, prof.

Is there some setting in the 505 itself? I'm still fresh at roland DM's.

Ah, yes.
Make sure the midi sync is enabled on the 505.

Press SHIFT + TEMPO/MEAS MIDI
there you activate midi sync.

keep holding shift and press tempo for more options like channel etc. use up and down to change settings.

edit:
just saw the rest of the comments tongue

The 505 does start with lsdj start. At least, mine does.
for more troubleshooting: ftp://ftp.roland.co.uk/productsupport/TR-505/

there's the manual.

Last edited by Timbob (Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

Guys,

I am already putting the 505 on MIDI SYNC mode. And I press the PLAY/STOP button so it gets ready for receive data from the midi master device (that is, DMG/LSDJ).

Timbob wrote:

The 505 does start with lsdj start. At least, mine does.

It is weird because looks like I did the exact same thing as you. And to make my earlier comments clearer, what I did to test the 505 was syncing it to the macbook (ableton live as midi master). The 505 syncs to the macbook without a problem.

Czech republic

I'm still not sure if you are using LSDJ master sync mode..? On your gameboy as well as arduinoboy. Midi out does not work for sync - only for sending midi notes.

Brooklon

Sorry for the potentially silly question but, where would I start looking to edit the code to change the midi channels of the respective LSDJ channels (i.e. changing PU1 and PU2 to send data to midi channel 4 and WAV to midi channel 6 or whatever). I'm hoping it's as easy as changing a few variables but I poked around Mode_LSDJ_Midiout and was having a hard time finding it. Thanks in advance!

rochester, ny
Note! wrote:

Sorry for the potentially silly question but, where would I start looking to edit the code to change the midi channels of the respective LSDJ channels (i.e. changing PU1 and PU2 to send data to midi channel 4 and WAV to midi channel 6 or whatever). I'm hoping it's as easy as changing a few variables but I poked around Mode_LSDJ_Midiout and was having a hard time finding it. Thanks in advance!

i could be wrong but i would suggest checking out line 131 of Arduinoboy1_2_3.ino

Czech republic

Look at the main program section, line 131

0,1,2,3, //midiOutNoteMessageChannels - midi channels for lsdj midi out note messages Default: channels 1,2,3,4
  0,1,2,3, //midiOutCCMessageChannels - midi channels for lsdj midi out CC messages Default: channels 1,2,3,4

edit: too late smile

Last edited by ashimoke (Dec 17, 2012 7:08 am)

Brooklon

you guys are the best! Thankssssss!!!

Unsubscribe

Also; Use the Maxpat and you can change all those settings without fussing with code and in realtime.

Brooklon

Quick q for you arduinoboy masters:

3,3,3,3, //midiOutNoteMessageChannels - midi channels for lsdj midi out note messages Default: channels 1,2,3,4
3,3,3,3, //midiOutCCMessageChannels - midi channels for lsdj midi out CC messages Default: channels 1,2,3,4

Is there a reason why the above code wouldn't result in all four LSDJ channels sending out to the same MIDI channel? With this code, I'm only getting MIDI out on the NOI channel to MIDI channel 4 and the rest send nothing..

Also, I'm getting a pretty consistent amount of MIDI note drops or randomly added MIDI notes - and it doesn't seem to be related to the amount of MIDI data I'm sending. Just kinda random. Is there a way to fix this or is it just 'part of the package'? Any help would me much appreciated.
Thanks bbs.

Last edited by Note! (Jan 26, 2013 4:47 pm)

Unsubscribe

i don't mess with the code and just use the max patch to do channel configure. I had to mess with the  delay settings in the maxpart to reduce the amount of dropped notes, but default it was kinda rough. Also i never do more than slow tempo sequences with it, so i very rarely run into the dropped notes thing with it. If you need better performance, use it with a gba or sp.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm)

Brooklon

Cool. I'll give that a try. Don't really know how to fux with maxpats but now's as good a time as any! Delay.. that's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Los Angeles
Note! wrote:

Cool. I'll give that a try. Don't really know how to fux with maxpats but now's as good a time as any! Delay.. that's what I was looking for. Thanks!

Yeah if anything, changing the settings in code itself - you'll probably also need to change the memory settings value that checks if the stored eeprom matches the config. Think its called version or something. Without changing that to something else too, arduinoboy wont reload the settings into eeprom. Which is probably what you were experiencing.

Unsubscribe
Note! wrote:

All you need to do is install:
http://cycling74.com/downloads/runtime/

And it is pretty straightforward.

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 26, 2013 7:14 pm)