hey, this might be kind of a dumb question, but i dont know anything about this kind of stuff... im wondering if theres any kind of program that can run on windows vista that can digitize a recording into something that sounds like an old sega genesis recording... for example, the oldschool "SAY-GUHHHHHH" soundbite in the beginning of sonic.

if you can reccomend something easy, i would appreciate it, but if theres no easy way ill even go as far as like turning a wave file into some kinda rom file and running it on an emulator or something like that.... what im trying to do is make a sample for an album im making

if anyone can help me out, i would really appreciate it

1) load your sample into an editor like Wavosaur or Audacity, if you want a free sampler.
2) Overload the sample a bit by increasing the volume so it peaks, but not too much.  Compression would be a better bet however.
3) Then drop the sample quality down to 11-16khz and the bitrate to 8 so you get lots of aliasing and hiss.
4) It'll sound lo-fi but also full, due to the overloading and/or compression.

I can't help with making it sound like the "SEGA!" sample though, that's down to your recording.

astral cat

maybe to make it sound like the SEGA logo you could vocode yourself saying whatever you want the sample to say using the same notes as the SEGA logo uses? then do what format said to make it lofi sounding.

Unsubscribe

yea id guess vocded sega too..

rochester, ny
4mat wrote:

1) load your sample into an editor like Wavosaur or Audacity, if you want a free sampler.
2) Overload the sample a bit by increasing the volume so it peaks, but not too much.  Compression would be a better bet however.
3) Then drop the sample quality down to 11-16khz and the bitrate to 8 so you get lots of aliasing and hiss.
4) It'll sound lo-fi but also full, due to the overloading and/or compression.

I can't help with making it sound like the "SEGA!" sample though, that's down to your recording.

i just made a recording using this exact technique -

http://soundcloud.com/nickmaynard/sega-impression

i added a little white noise to it too.

thanks man!!! really appreciate it!!!