Hey people I have post this kind of thing on 8bc but I wanted some other opinions.  http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … cts_id=148 one thing is that if I buy this, would I need to do any wire cutting/programming any other work besides buying the other adapters?  My second questions is would it be possible to use LSDj keyboard interface on a real music keyboard?

rochester, ny
mizu wrote:

Hey people I have post this kind of thing on 8bc but I wanted some other opinions.  http://www.nonelectronics.com/catalog/i … cts_id=148 one thing is that if I buy this, would I need to do any wire cutting/programming any other work besides buying the other adapters?

i'm pretty sure no modding is necessary if you use that adapter.

no programming?  I saw apeshit's modfications, it looked awsome

Philly, PA, USA

definitely no programming keyboard is just hardware, and the support is built into lsdj, and the only wire cutting etc you need to do normally is to get the link port plug on instead of the PS/2 plug, and since that's what the adaptor does, I can't see there being any need for further modification.

Matthew Joseph Payne

There is no modding necessary to use that adapter, but for some reason nobody ever notices that they've been out of stock for a long time with no sign of coming back.

Sweeeeeeden

That adapter wont work, or it will work badly. Don't bother.

Besides, it's sold out.

Rhode Island

Is it really that hard to wire a link cable to a ps2 keyboard? It is a great introduction to soldering and modding. Plus if you want to mod your gameboy later on you can save a few bucks rather than paying someone to do it for you. IMO just useful knowledge to have

Sweeeeeeden
2PLAYER wrote:

Is it really that hard to wire a link cable to a ps2 keyboard? It is a great introduction to soldering and modding. Plus if you want to mod your gameboy later on you can save a few bucks rather than paying someone to do it for you. IMO just useful knowledge to have

Well, yes, a little. Normally, the link cable doesn't carry the extra +5V line. You have ta open up the link cable connector and swap a pin.

See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/se … 967984405/

This is difficult to do on some of the cheaper link cables since it's hard to do without wrecking the pin.

That's also why that adapter can't work well. There is no power supply line in the unmodified link cables. (And you're supposed to be able to use an unmodified link cable...)

However, if anyone actually has one of these adapters and have a success story, feel free to tell me.

ugh.....I think I'll just buy one somewhere on the internet

rochester, ny

you could try posting in the "trading post" subforum asking if anyone wanted to sell you their lsdj keyboards. i never use mine.

sweden
nitro2k01 wrote:
2PLAYER wrote:

Well, yes, a little. Normally, the link cable doesn't carry the extra +5V line. You have ta open up the link cable connector and swap a pin.

See: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/se … 967984405/

This is difficult to do on some of the cheaper link cables since it's hard to do without wrecking the pin.

That's also why that adapter can't work well. There is no power supply line in the unmodified link cables. (And you're supposed to be able to use an unmodified link cable...)

However, if anyone actually has one of these adapters and have a success story, feel free to tell me.

Surely the recommended link cable on nonfinites page carry the +5v?

hmm, my mother does not like independent stores like apeshit's, which I would like to use

is it possible to modify color game boys? and do you think I should buy a DMG for cheap with power adapter, connector for multiplayer, but has some missing pixels?

clovis CA

get wat you need first, then gt wat you can afford =]

ok.....DMG might be a thing I can go buy....