Chepachet, Rhode Island

I wrote a new song.
I think it is pretty rad.
But please pick at it

http://chipmusic.org/8-bit-rex/music/razorfist

Has it direction?
Do the transitions flow well?
Should I add more bass?

I really like the beginning so far, it's really cool. I like the melody a lot, really sounds like getting punched in the face with a razor. However, it feels really thin, and it needs a strong bassline or some kind of harmonization underneath the main tune. It's really cool though and sounds great. The transitions flow great, and it has plenty of forward direction, I really like what you did with this, but I think it really needs some kind of strong heavy bassline to support it because otherwise it all sounds kind of redundant and lonely. If you had some sort of melodic bass, it would be improved by millions of percent.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah I feel the same way.  I'm looking forward to getting a second cart and linking the two so I can have more channels at my disposal.  I love harmonizing cord notes in both pulse channels so it's tough for me to trade one for more bass haha.  Thanks for the feedback it's definitely appreciated.

No problem dude! I was actually going to mention getting a second cart but I got distracted while I was writing and forgot lol. You could also start a new project and write the "bottom" part of the song in there then sync the two songs up in audacity in the mean time.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah.  I've done that with one of my songs and it's a pain, but worth it if one doesn't have a second cart.  I'll be sitting on it for a bit to get some new ideas in the meantime as well as wait patiently for my next cart.

Did you buy it yet?

There's nothing to correct imo, I wish I had your LSDJ skills!