Oh, and I decided not to use the FDS channel and just go with the normal 2A03 triangle, as my tune was simple enough tongue.  I am happy to report I was able to enter something for both compo's already! But, realistically there may be times when I might not grab both compo's when they fall on making 2 songs in 1 week depending on the theme's of each compo. I hope to contribute to this one as much as possible because it is very interesting smile. If nothing else I can always find enough time for voting tongue. But I will always be trying my hardest to squeeze both in somehow ha ha. Now if someone in our group goes and makes another compo, I might be screwed! yikes

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Haha I hear ya. I'm going to try to keep the themes based more on trying new techniques rather than making a straight banger song. Most if not all future themes will have a 1 minute cap in there.

I'm in the process of writing my biweekly but I'm also using it to apply this challenge's theme. big_smile I think it works out pretty well actualy having these two comps going on simultaneously.

I would've done that, but my Bi weekly tune uses DPCM extensively to where it wouldn't have been the same song without it, and I started on that one first so....yeah. But, yeah that's pretty clever big_smile

Rhode Island

I barely have any time as it is. I'll be lucky if I squeeze out a tune in the bi-weekly this week.

8-Bit-Rex wrote:

You and me both. I only have so many wiimotes, tv remotes, shavers and flashlights to cannibalize haha.

This

So...uhhh....anyone else gonna post a song in here or what? tongue.

Rhode Island

Focusing on the bi-weekly now if I finish that one up in time I'll write a quick tune for this one

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I r

I posted one. LSDJ, filled up the unused notes in the noise channel with a muted instrument, and unmuted them in the pulse, hehehe.   smile

Last edited by Octothorpe (Apr 30, 2011 1:53 pm)

Yeah I put the other one in tongue. Some famitracker weirdness tongue So what do we do here? Vote for each other and call it a tie or what? tongue

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Others can vote so we'll see how that works out.  And thanks for entering guys.  Love hearing what others do with the weird strategies I like to use.  I'm sure this comp will pick up steam.  I ended up going out for a youngin's 21st birthday so I really didn't have time to enter this.  The next one though.... big_smile

Best excuse....ever!

Rhode Island

So for this next challenge each channel will have a chain series X0 to XF? And re organize the whole song? Or is that for a single channel?

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Both 4x4 matrix I created are on the Song screen. Each chain will have 4 phrases (these keep the same positions even after the swap at the end)  in each so the song is made of 16 phrases is each channel. Write the song while keeping in mind the final positions of the phrases. It's almost like grabbing 16 blank puzzle pieces, knowing their final position after they are assembled and painting them in a way that once they are arranged, they form a picture. The whole purpose it to prevent you from hearing what multiple channels sound like together. I suggest starting with the final position of row 1 and work on those individual phrases separately. Then move onto row 2 of the final positions and repeat. It will help the writer to be able to create channels that sound good together without actually hearing them played simultaneously until they are finished.

Hope that help. This one is definitely a bit confusing, but actually is pretty straight forward and easy once you get the process down.

Rhode Island

Ohhhh, so on the challenge page that should be a matrix rather than a line. So 00, 04, 08, and OC would all be on PU1

Rhode Island

Edit: Double post

Last edited by 2PLAYER (May 2, 2011 5:28 pm)