Chepachet, Rhode Island
The Chipmusic.org Weekly Challenge!

Here a theme will be chosen to limit the composers' room to breath and force them to write outside of their comfort zone.
The songs written will require little time, but much thought.

Challenges start on Mondays at 00:00 and end the following Monday at 00:00 (EST)
Voting lasts 5 days after the entry deadline

Current [Challenge#9]:ENTER!

Previous [Challenge#8]:CLOSED!

The theme will be written using LSDJ terminology, techniques, etc. but you may use:
- LSDJ
- Famitracker
- MidiNES
- LGPT
- Milkytracker
- Modplug
- Any similar program (Let me know and I'll add it to the list.)

Spread the word.  I'm sure some of the tunes made following the criteria I've got in mind for the future will be pretty ridiculous and interesting to say the least!

› THE REGULARS

CHALLENGE #1: CHANNEL SWAP ----------> WINNER = Jredd / Octothorpe

CHALLENGE #2: HEARING LOSS ----------> WINNER = Octothorpe

CHALLENGE #3: MORSE CODE ----------> WINNER = 2PLAYER

CHALLENGE #4: SOMETHING FROM NOTHING: PULSE1 ----------> WINNER = 2PLAYER / Frostbyte

CHALLENGE #5: BEETHOVEN'S GAMEBOY ----------> WINNER = 8-Bit-Rex

CHALLENGE #6: I LIKE ALGEBRA ----------> WINNER = Kommisar

CHALLENGE #7: ESREVER ----------> WINNER = Octothorpe

CHALLENGE #8:  OH SHIT I'M LATE ----------> WINNER = Kommisar

CHALLENGE #9:  NO, NO, NO! WRONG WAY! ----------> WINNER = ?

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm)

Rhode Island

YES

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah I'm pretty pumped.

Dude so perfect...awesome.

*cracks knuckles* Time for some FDS channel abuse! Muahahaha!

Yay!
edit: do we need to be "anonymous"?
edit2: guess not: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/64162/#p64162
smile

Last edited by Octothorpe (Apr 25, 2011 1:51 am)

Rhode Island

What about me using my midiNES? I won't use the DCPM channel and i will swap the noise and pulse 1 lines.

Just wondering. If you want to keep it on the gameboy/fami that's no problem either.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

That works!  Like I said…not really familiar with anything other than LSDJ and fami so if other mediums can follow the theme then feel free to use them!

Moncton, Canada

sounds confusing haha but will probably sound interesting. I'd join this but I'm moving this week and probably won't have interwebs for another little while.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah.  I tried to give a step by step process but I'm sure I could have explained it a bit better.  I tend to be pretty long winded when it comes to instruction or just posting in threads in general haha.  I've got plenty of ideas for future themes (PM me if anyone has any as well) and I'm actually really excited to see what people think of them, and of course, their respective entries. 

Let me know if anyone has any questions as well as any names of programs that are similar to LSDJ as I'm all for broadening the amount of mediums for people to use for these.

Winter Haven, FL
8-Bit-Rex wrote:

Let me know if anyone has any questions as well as any names of programs that are similar to LSDJ as I'm all for broadening the amount of mediums for people to use for these.

W/the right samples...and honest channel limitation LGPT,Milky,Modplug... to name a few... would work just fine.

Winter Haven, FL

Also... if you haven't already... check out the OHC's that the BOTB crew comes up with from time to time. Beyond sample pack madness, there are always fun themes and sometimes super-fun limitations set for said challenges.

I kind of did a thing where one song fades out and another fades in instead of  a cut off with dead silence, but you can still easily tell where one song ends and the other one begins! Plus, it sort of fits my song title better that way. I hope that's alright. If not...uhhh...too late tongue!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Thanks for the tips, Nestrogen. I'll add those programs to the list as well as check out that OHC. The sample pack idea sounds interesting. I'll have to do some research as well as get my fucking custom made kits to work…as they've continuously given me migranes everytime I try to create some.

And sounds good, jredd.  As long as one can tell the difference between the original track and the channel swap track all's good!

Winter Haven, FL

Must...buy...batteries!!!

Chepachet, Rhode Island

You and me both. I only have so many wiimotes, tv remotes, shavers and flashlights to cannibalize haha.

EDIT:  Sorry for the typo, I meant "Fleshlights"

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (May 30, 2011 5:51 pm)