Chepachet, Rhode Island

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/4036/ … ge-thread/

Lol, that face....

Aw!!! So close! Got second by 1 vote! Had I not voted for 2PLAYER we would've tied! Naw, you deserve it though, congrats! big_smile

Moncton, Canada

Posting to hopefully convince myself to remember this :3

Rhode Island

Had I not voted for you it wouldn't have been as close :-P such a good track. Next theme sounds pretty killer too

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I'll be entering this one!  And don't forget about the Famitracker / LSDJ challenge!  In fact...pro tip...start the weekly challenge with the bi-weekly competition's theme in mind, complete said challenge, and then finish your song and upload it here!  I'm a genius!

EDIT: also...fuck this whole anonymous thing now lol...

A) it never is anonymous anyway
2) we're all pretty good about being honest....

thoughts?

Last edited by 8-Bit-Rex (Apr 23, 2011 3:35 pm)

What is this Famitracker/LSDJ challenge? I would love to hear some other trackers being used and in fact, I encourage more tracker diversity!

Also about the anonymous thing, I'd rather keep it just so people can't just see a name and vote for a song without listening to it. I don't want someone to spamvote for one artist.

Another thing, try not to upload your tracks right away. At least try and wait until voting is over hmm it gives people an incentive to check out the other tracks and vote.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

I really don't care either way about the anonymous thing.  Just pointing out how whenever we upload....it never actually is anonymous since it always shows who uploaded it.  But whatev...was just pointing it out. 

And yeah I started a weekly famitracker / LSDJ challenge thread.  If I knew more about other mediums I would broaden the scope of it, but since I really only know LSDJ and Fami I figured I'd just start it with those for now since I'd be able to come up with fun challenges each week since I know the in's and out's of them.

Neo Jersey

all the tracks from the last comp sounded really good. wish i had known about this at the time lol, i had a track that woudla been perfect hmm oh well, def gonna try and get in on this one if i have time. oh and as for the anonymous thing - my 2 cents - i think it should be anonymous. otherwise, if say youre up in the air on two tracks and you know who wrote both, you may say...well this guy won last week so ill give my vote to the other guy. or something like that. and that shouldn't be the case. but wahtev

Last edited by HPizzle (Apr 23, 2011 8:23 pm)

Rhode Island

The thing is, it lists the names already even though the track says anonymous. The artist shows at the bottom of the track even though the song title says it's by anonymous

It lists the names, but at least you have to click on the song first. I consider it a "best of both worlds" sort of thing.

Chepachet, Rhode Island

Yeah it's not really a big deal either way. Just figured I'd throw it out there just considering its an extra step for people to go through (however small but people can be lazy) to enter our competitions.

I hope people aren't that lazy.

Chepachet, Rhode Island
arlen wrote:

I hope people aren't that lazy.

Tell me about it.

I just changed my name to an anonymous one for the very reason that you can see who did what if you really want to know, but at the same time I see no reason to change it back and forth every week so I keep it that way for song entering purposes, I am motivated enough to go into the settings and change it once, but too lazy to alter it all the time as I see no real reason to tongue. People know who I am in the chat and can see which song I did if they want, so as others have said it doesn't really matter to me anyhow tongue.

Moncton, Canada

I'm BACK IN DA GAME