Austin, Texas

So I finished my Arduinoboy according to trash80's schematic and it syncs up fine with LSDJ, but when I try to use it with mGB it does nothing. I currently don't have the mode and midi status led's hooked up because I didn't have any 2k resistors, but it does switch modes, I am positive of this. Can anyone help me out?

finish it first. and use resistors between 220 ohms and 1k for the LEDs will be fine

Austin, Texas
NeX wrote:

finish it first. and use resistors between 220 ohms and 1k for the LEDs will be fine

ah ok thanks! I didn't realize that I could use different resistors

Sweeeeeeden

Higher value resistor = slightly dimmer light, but slightly lower power consumption.

Austin, Texas

ok so i fixed the led situation and they light up in the right order and everything, when in LSDJ slave mode the led before it blinks when i hit a key on my midi controller and then two led's light up when i switch from midi channel one to two and hit a key and then three leds light up with midi channel 3 and 4 leds light up on midi channel 4, but when i switch to any other mode nothing lights up except the mode led... so what's going on? I'm using the current version of mGB and the second to current version of the arduinoboy code, does that matter?

Los Angeles

donno...

mode:

1- lsdj slave sync- leds should dance to tempo sync from external source
2- lsdj master sync- leds should dance to tempo sync from lsdj when lsdj is set to master mode
3- lsdj keyboard mode- leds should do something to midi input from a source i think (dont recall)
4- nanoloop mode- same as mode 1 as far as leds dancing
5- mGB mode- leds should light up according to activity on midi channels. ie: midi notes on midi channel 1, the first led should blink, etc.

Austin, Texas

Ah, ok that clears up some things, but is there something on mGB that you have to start? Like when you have to start the sequencer in LSDJ to play notes if you're using a ps/2 keyboard. Is there a  way to set the clock in mGB or a way to see incoming midi info on the gameboy? I appreciate any help! I've been trying to get my arduinoboy to work for quite a while and I'd absolutely love to get it working properly soon!

rochester, ny
Hunterizzle wrote:

Ah, ok that clears up some things, but is there something on mGB that you have to start? Like when you have to start the sequencer in LSDJ to play notes if you're using a ps/2 keyboard. Is there a  way to set the clock in mGB or a way to see incoming midi info on the gameboy? I appreciate any help! I've been trying to get my arduinoboy to work for quite a while and I'd absolutely love to get it working properly soon!

no, there's nothing you have to do in MGB to make it work.

are you sure your midi device is on the right channel?

Austin, Texas

well when i put my midi device on channels 1-5 the led's light up accordingly, but the midi indicator only lights up if I move the pitch wheel or press buttons or turn knobs, not when I press keys tho. when i play a midi song from my keyboard through the arduinoboy i can hear a very faint beat according to the tempo that my keyboard is set to, and when i mess with the pitch wheel i can hear a really distorted noise but its very very faint. I'm using the arduinoboy with modded Gameboys, does that matter?? I have two different midi keyboards and theyre both doing the same thing.

i just tried the new version of the arduinoboy software and got the same problem. flash it with the V1 software and everything should be fine

Austin, Texas
NeX wrote:

i just tried the new version of the arduinoboy software and got the same problem. flash it with the V1 software and everything should be fine

I had the arduinoboy on v1 to begin with but mgb was v2, does this matter???

Hunterizzle wrote:
NeX wrote:

I had the arduinoboy on v1 to begin with but mgb was v2, does this matter???

put version one back on