Portugal

Hello!

My name is Jorge and im looking for chip musicians to enter in this project http://www.cvgm.net/forum/thread/119/
If you are interested you can reply on the threat or send me a email!
Thanks in advance smile

So what exactly is the plan. Are you going to release a cd or through the net? Anyway, please let me know I might be interested:
riotfiles (at) lycos (dot) com

Portugal

The idea is to creat a label using the CVGM name. CVGM is the radio and we want to creat a new label. The first release will be a disk (something like YM ROCKERZ do) but for chiptunes and we need chiptune musicians to make music for it. It is in the begining yet but the disk will have some info about the musicians and that kind of stuff. MAybe will have a real relase in CD too but that is not confirmed yet-

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Any specific type of hardware or software, or is there not a limitation? If there isn't, I'd be very interested

Chicago IL

if you want it to be a disk you'll have to have a specific format, unless you're just going to put super low quality mp3s on it.

Brazil

Acho que eu posso fazer alguma coisa pra isso, ou mandar alguma já pronta!

New York City
Saskrotch wrote:

if you want it to be a disk you'll have to have a specific format, unless you're just going to put super low quality mp3s on it.

What Nigel said.
Whatformat is this in?

Sweden

I have given the idea a good deal of thought, and I think it would be great to go forward and start working on a new CD to distribute via the web, showing off the best of the 70+ platforms that we now support on the site. Its also a good opportunity for the site to work together as a team to create something great

I'm guessing a mp3 collection, then.

Portugal

Is better if the interested people see the thread in CVGM forum and post the questions there!

http://www.cvgm.net/forum/thread/119/

"Musicians: If you are willing to produce a track for us, let us know in this thread (if you didn't already do so) as well as the platform/platforms you want to try and aim for. There are no limits, just pick one out of the main platforms list on the side of the site page  The more different platforms we can support for initial release the better, and in the future we will most likely focus on individual platforms and systems. Right now, we want to get a rounded amount of work out. You are all extremely talented, so we need to tell the world about it  The best way to communicate is through music  If you wish to preview work, you can do so via a private message to myself or Jyooruje."

New York City

You still have not specified the format, I will assume as linde. Low quality MP3s are not up my alley. good luck with the conmpilation!

Ephrata, PA

Hi,

The first release will be an audio CD created from high-quality recordings of each track from their respected original hardware. On top of the CD, there will also be an EXE front-end for Windows/Mac/PC that not only plays the MP3, but also contains info on the artists and hardware used to compose the tracks. Think of it as an interactive music disk. Original format files will also be available for those wishing to play them on original hardware.

Future releases will be built on specific platforms and individual artists, though for this 1st release we want to try and get a good roundup of the best from different platforms and systems. We plan on doing a GameBoy music disk ROM soon with a few tracks, though it hasn't gotten too much further than code as of yet.

If anyone has any additional questions, feel free to contact us smile

New York City

Contact me if you need graphics for that Game Boy ROM.

Portugal

Just to remenber that the dead line to drop the tunes are coming. If you want to participate send me or fishguy876 a email!

Terebovlya, Ukraine

where we can send our tracks?

Portugal

To my email jyooruje [at] gmail [dot] com or to Fishguy email andy [at] f1-software [dot] com. After that we put all the track in our dropbox folder and everyone in the project can listen to you tune and give an opinion.

Last edited by jyooruje (Jun 15, 2011 1:09 pm)