Brazil

Title very explanatory,

Might this be an issue with my usb cables? I dunno what to do since I cannot test with another computer right now. It doesn't flash any light but it boots with the DMG.

Might my problem be just the usb cable or is it with my windows? Anyone has any solution for this? Never heard anything like this happening with anyone.

Brazil

Anyone? I asked at 8bc and was just gibberish.

Maybe is just a Vista issue indeed, gonna check this monday then.

Europa surfing on the monolith

Are you running 32bit or 64bit Windows Vista?

Ontario, Canada

Mine never works with Windows Vista

Brazil
nkogliaz wrote:

Are you running 32bit or 64bit Windows Vista?

32bits. I've heard already people saying that it never works and I'm kinda accepting my issue. It will be hard to backup until I have a proper desktop with xp, but until then I'll dare my luck.

rochester, ny

anything helpful here? - http://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19999

Brazil
nickmaynard wrote:

anything helpful here? - http://8bc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=19999

I overlooked this thread cause it was for 64bits, but I might try that even that my win is 32bits.

Brazil

So, it wasn't recognized at my work's computer. In my most optmistic side i think it's a firewall setting, but it keeps bugging me that it's not even being seen by the os that something is connected at the usb port. Since I kinda fucked my laptop I'm kinda screwed, but whatever. I was trying to test the method with the test mode of that little program and my computer at home was not prepared to be restarted so many times that it asked.

But anyway, i'll let it go till saturday.

New York City

This sounds stupid but... you did install teh drivers as the leaflet says, right?

Unsubscribe

For sure reason that softwarte does not WORKA T ALLL on my dell xps. Works fine on any other usb chipset.

matt's mind
herr_prof wrote:

For sure reason that softwarte does not WORKA T ALLL on my dell xps. Works fine on any other usb chipset.

XPS and dell 400 series have issues with 3rd party drivers.  that would be a problem, yes.

Brazil
akira^8GB wrote:

This sounds stupid but... you did install teh drivers as the leaflet says, right?

That's the weirdest part, i couldn't do it manually. Vista is so fucked up that when I tried to manually install it said it didn't had any valid 32bits drivers there. So, I was going to try that program who puts windows in test mode, but when I had to restart my pc it kept hanging on the updating screen and Vista died.

BUT, the thing that is bugging me is that it doesn't show at windows as a unrecognized usb device or whatever. It doesn't show up at all. That bugs me the most.

Tonight probably I'll have XP on my laptop and i'll be able to know if it's a cart issue or a os issue, I will be able to install the drivers properly and then I can assume that I was stupid enough or it was EMS' fault.

Brazil

Aye! XP wins! It's not working yet, I'm re-downloading the drivers cause the cd I have doesn't help in installing the drivers. That's my battle for now. But it sounds promissing (i'll be finally able to test lsdj with my new backlight!)

Brazil

So, it didn't work at all. This ends my first experience with an EMS cart. I thing I didn't miss a thing about how it should work and it's a cart problem. Oh well, LSDJ will wait a little more then.

I am running 2 xps m1710's and they install the drivers just fine on both (32bit and 64 bit, I've had them running under vista 32/64 & Win7 32/64).....

I'd say you have a problem with your os installation (registry corruption is what it sounds like you already have, possibly driver corruption for the USB Host controller itself, Maybe even a possible IRQ conflict, who knows...) , the cards don't show up under the device manager, but when you load up the flash software, it will show you that the device is connected if it initialized properly via the buss...

For the record I have 3 EMS carts all running flawlessly....

Last edited by nkogliaz (May 9, 2011 7:57 am)