NZ

Retarded question I know, but when you guys (and girls) are writing on a piece of tech from your childhood with LSDJ or what not, do you ever go into the zone, like you used to when there was a game cartridge loaded?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm always in that zone.

uhajdafdfdfa

yeah, but i do when i'm playing my guitar and i do when i'm using impulse tracker or FL studio or audacity
concentrating on things isn't so hard :3

New Zealand

I do every time. I'll find myself, about 5min into an LSDJ session, shouting and swearing at the bad guys 'cause I keep dying and shit....

NZ
Mortal Execution wrote:

I do every time. I'll find myself, about 5min into an LSDJ session, shouting and swearing at the bad guys 'cause I keep dying and shit....

lol nice, what are you like in the boss fight?

New Zealand

They always pwn me......

Like a boss.

NZ

So what do you think it is that taps into that imagery? Is it that you're holding a Gameboy, or are there specific games you envision that you used to play as a kid?

Boulder, CO

What the fuck is the zone? I never really played a gameboy when I was growing up... LSDJ is nothing like super mario land but I guess super mario land took a lot more effort to feel accomplished and you couldn't post your shitty results on the internet.

BK

i think it's just the level of focus that you put into something you're really into. i get in that same zone when writing on other platforms, and it feels the same as when i get into it playing video games. you can lose yourself in anything if it's captivating enough.

The Hollow Earth

New Zealand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8rZWw9HE7o

Melbourne, Australia

heaps zoned bro.

Get in the zone.
Chipzone.

Liverpool, UK

"Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone"

hardcore, Australia

Dangerzone.

Finland
AdamGetsAwesome wrote:

What the fuck is the zone? I never really played a gameboy when I was growing up... LSDJ is nothing like super mario land but I guess super mario land took a lot more effort to feel accomplished and you couldn't post your shitty results on the internet.

Hahahah, harsh!