Tooting, London

Hey,

I've just finished putting together a rough idea for the first song on the demo I hope to put out later this year. It's inspired by Chiptune, Punk / Post-Punk and Metal (post-meptune? Chipcore?) and I'd like to hear what you guys think of it.

Made using a DMG with LSDJ on it, guitar and bass and MIDI drums into Garageband.

#include <music.h> on Soundcloud

Thanks smile

There seems to be a lot of timing issues and the hi hat in the first drum part is really awkward...Other than that, It's pretty clever though. However the transitions from 8 bit to guitar are a bit sharp, but if you're going for that "low level coding" feel I guess it makes a little bit more sense.

Overall, not bad. The bass could be higher in the mix, I didn't really hear any of it. I'd like to see this when it's all done smile

England

yeah sort that mix out, the guitar is real loud, the drum real quiet.

Tooting, London

Thanks,

The timing is probably due to my really sloppy guitar playing, I'll try recording to the gameboy track instead of the other way round.

@Frostbyte I was going for that proper raw sound of guitar and gameboy, maybe once the guitar is mixed in properly it'll be less sharp.

Tooting, London

New version here

Made changes to the mix and timing and also worked on the latter part of a song a bit more, bit more metal now smile

Let me know what you think!

Timing is a lot better, and the transitions feel a lot better and the hi hat isn't as awkward. Sounds really good man! Maybe you can pump up the drums a bit more in the mix though haha.

edit: double post

Last edited by Frostbyte (May 7, 2011 10:30 pm)

Tooting, London

Thanks, still need to get this mixing thing sorted, doesn't help that I've got a massive subwoofer so the bass is alot louder than it would be for anyone else tongue

Thanks for your help though smile

No problem...everything else is so much better now though smile Great job with the timing this time around!