New Zealand

So my DMG keeps holding up on the d-pad and the B button.... I've opened it up, it looks clean, nothing in the way that is holding the button down... What could it be? Perhaps the membranes are worn/doing something to hold the buttons down... I don't have any others I can put in to try.

Oh and also, after opening it one of the times and putting it back together, it was holding LEFT and B instead. But after opening it again, it went back to UP and B...

Anyone else ever have the same problem?

Cheers.

Last edited by Mortal Execution (May 7, 2011 5:25 am)

Chicago IL

did you put a back light in? anything that takes up more space inside the DMG?

i had the same problem after putting in a backlight. i just made sure not to put the screws back in too tight.

New Zealand

Yeah I have a RGBbb kit from kitsch... It did work fine for a while though, but one of the buttons wasn't pressing properly so I opened it again to fix it, and ever since, this problem.

I have opened it and loosened the screws but no change hmm

Last edited by Mortal Execution (May 7, 2011 6:02 am)

you may have got a bit of solder on some of the contacts, maybe from the backlight. also if you join pin 4 to pin 6 on the link port you will get some strange control problems, so if there is a bit of stray solder on there then that might cause those problems

New Zealand

Thanks for the suggestions! Turns out it was both of those things! Re-soldered something and loosened it a bit. Working perfectly now big_smile