Evil Scientist wrote:

If you download the Pocket Emulation Collections ( http://www.zophar.net/pdroms/gameboy.html ) of public domain gb roms there are a few roms in there that are essentially slideshows of fullscreen images, might help you on your quest. I tried editing one but this was the best I could do:

This page seems to explain exactly how to do it: http://gbdev.gg8.se/wiki/articles/Displ … een_Images

But none of the .exe files needed seem to work for me, they just close as soon as I click on them.

Hey, that's pretty close!

Wish I could run those tools on my OS. I really want a rom with that graphic...

USA

USA

USA

I just want to explain what you are looking at a little because I've been getting a lot of questions about my services and these pictures that I've been posting.

I modify existing ROMs, I don't yet have the ability to make them completely from scratch.

The images that I posted in this thread are examples of my work.

Images like the one above(MN_THRETRIS) are actually screenshots taken of a GB ROM's title screen.(that ROM is a modified version of ADVENTURE.gb)

I take the screenshots with an emulator(bgb for GB and Nestopia for NES) on my computer.

I always write the name of the ROM unless the ROM is ADVENTURE.gb

So as you can see from the images posted above MN_THRETRIS I wrote the ROM's name in the image description(MN_GlitchNES_Platforma_V2).

My abilities are limited because I am still learning but if you send me a request I will try to fulfill your request to the best of my abilities.

Serious requests only, please.

ADVENTURE.gb an GlitchNES are not the only ROMs that I can modify.

I can also modify the graphics of Nerdrix.gb, Onputer.gb, Crash.gb, Litewall.nes, as well as a few others.

I will not modify LSDJ for anyone unless you are Johan Kotlinski.

And I will not modify Nanoloop for anyone unless you are Oliver Wittchow.

My services are free of charge but if you want to give me $, Gameboys, an adult beverage, a high five, or something else please do, I would appreciate that.

It would also be nice if you post pictures of these custom ROMs being used on real hardware.

And I would love to know what you think of my work.

Thank you all so much,

-Max Nelson

USA

I am also down to make/design album covers, promotional material, Live visuals, or work on a collaborative project.

That is if I like your band or project and have extra time to work on it.

I love art/music.

And I love supporting my fellow artists.

If any of you are ever in South Miami hit me up and we'll chill or something.

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jul 18, 2011 4:48 am)

Wellington, New Zealand

That platforma idea is really cool.

Wellington, New Zealand

send me some game boy roms if you want me to try them out on real hardware

Could you make me a GB that has a picture of an acorn and says Apricorn underneath it written in a fancy font?

Last edited by Apricorn (Jul 18, 2011 7:59 am)

Bristol, UK
SurfaceDragon wrote:

Evil Scientist - Which ROM did you try to modify exactly?

I think it was "Bung Cart Slideshow (PD).gb" I just opened it with tile layer pro, adjusted the window so that the tiles lined up as they should then imported a bmp,

USA

USA

Thanks Evil Scientist!

Apricorn - I think you misunderstood, I know my ROMs work on real hardware, I make them for myself all the time. I want pictures of these ROMs running on real hardware because I want to see people actually using these ROMs that I made for them on their personal hardware.

I can work on fulfilling your request after I get some sleep - Acorn with fancy Apricorn text - should be pretty easy for me to do. I'm just exhausted and I need sleep.

I found a picture of an actual Apricorn from Pokemon, Do you want me to replicate this instead of a acorn?

I could make an apricorn with a point like an acorn or I could draw up an original piece of acorn-art like you originally wanted.

Do you want anything else?

Wellington, New Zealand

Oh Ok. I don't want a picture of an apricorn because they look like boobs.
Can I change mine to an ear and the word Apricorn written underneath?

Matthew Joseph Payne

Boobs are nice though!

USA

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am)

USA

USA