The Rubber Man

Kinda effect of limitless boredom. wink
I realize that nobody listen to electronic music but maybe somebody might be interested in this from its technical side.

ZX Spectrum in recording studio = Jean Michel Jarre. wink wink
http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/Yerzmyey-Unkn … ectrum.mp3

The only instrument/sound-source and the only sequencer: ZX Spectrum 48K with AY-interface.
Recording-studio effect used: multitrack recording / filters / phasers / choruses / flangers / delays / echoes / reverbs / equalizers / compressors / limiters.

If anybody would be interested how it sounded in "raw" form, I uploaded to SendSpace several raw tracks' examples, without any effects added.

They were synchronized to the first click (being a closed hihat audible on bas.mp3 base sequence) that have been removed finally, when the synchronizing of all traxx was finished and the click was redundant.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oriahd
And as I said, the only used instrument was ZX Spectrum computer.
wink wink wink wink wink wink

Surely the same is possible with GameBoy, Atari XL or any other 8bit computers/consoles.
Ah well, still it's only kind of experiment. wink

Last edited by YERZMYEY (May 24, 2011 10:57 am)

England

ooopps I've been listening to this on a loop for 30mins!
smile

Nomad's Land

EPIC!!!! it sounds just like true electronica from the good old times!

hardcore, Australia

I thought this mightve been about jarre using a zx or something.
But this is just as good!
You really captured that jarre sound. It's so good. I want oxygene!

Last edited by godinpants (May 24, 2011 1:11 pm)

A gray world of dread

This is great! Awesome work, yerzmyey.

New York City

You rock and we know it. This is fantastic.

Bloody hell Yerzmeyey this is amazing. Pushing the boundaries yet again, the combination of pure chip sound + new effects is the concept I'm probably most interested in across the whole spectrum of the use of chipmusic!

(And don't be so hasty - I love a bit of early electronic music; everything from Daphne Oram and Delia Derbyshire to Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream via Brian Eno and Terry Riley! smile )

Milwaukee, WI

Very nice.  Great Jarre sound!  I certainly think it's a fantastic experiment and very thought provoking, but to me at least, it defeats the purpose of writing with these old machines anyways.  Keep it up!

Amsterdam

Well done man smile.

Vienna

it's like being on a cosmic journey. excellent sound!

Minneapolis

I listen to electronic music in general and not just chip, so this fits nicely. Sure, the chip folks will balk, but I appreciate it. smile Go expand your vision you chippers!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Jellica wrote:

ooopps I've been listening to this on a loop for 30mins!
smile

I did the same.

The Rubber Man

Thx a lot guyz. wink

astral cat

yerz is the best