Dublin, Ireland

I have 2 of those cheap-ass carts and thus far, haven't been able to get them working at all.

Tokyo, Japan

I finally got LSDJ working on my EZIV with the latest goomba-ready file. Like it says on the LSDJ wiki, only one song can be saved at once.

So I am thinking, if I compiled a few LSDJ-goomba.gba roms all called something different:

LSDJ1.gba
LSDJ2.gba
LSDJ3.gba

etc...

would I be able to save a file for each?

I'll have a go later and get back to you all. I think it should be possible though.

Melbourne, Australia

I have that crappy $8 one from DX. The program called splinkp worked but only when loading 1 rom sad .This did the trick for me.

nonfinite wrote:

Just a heads up, those dealextreme GBA carts CAN be flashed through using a DS, but only with particular slot 1 cards.  I have a clone R4 that won't do the trick.  I have an edge that I'll be testing soon..

I used an acekard 2i with akaio firmware on a ds phat.

Last edited by TmTgr (Feb 12, 2010 8:22 am)

the heart of a mountain
TmTgr wrote:

I have that crappy $8 one from DX. The program called splinkp worked but only when loading 1 rom sad .This did the trick for me.

Just out of interest splink worked for me for both single and multiple roms and for backing up/restoring .savs

Tokyo, Japan
cheapshot wrote:

I finally got LSDJ working on my EZIV with the latest goomba-ready file. Like it says on the LSDJ wiki, only one song can be saved at once.

So I am thinking, if I compiled a few LSDJ-goomba.gba roms all called something different:

LSDJ1.gba
LSDJ2.gba
LSDJ3.gba

etc...

would I be able to save a file for each?

I'll have a go later and get back to you all. I think it should be possible though.

OK, so this totally works. So if you want to have multiple songs on the same GBA flash cart, although you cannot save within LSDJ itself, just make multiple LSDJ-goomba.gba roms. Sorry if I'm taking this thread slightly off-topic.

Seattle, WA

no this is good this info is valuable haha

Melbourne, Australia

cheapshot: I have a save file on the EZIV for each rom (game). Just when you transfer the rom to the SDcard make sure you select flash memory type, not eprom or whatever

Tokyo, Japan
Vytantus wrote:

cheapshot: I have a save file on the EZIV for each rom (game). Just when you transfer the rom to the SDcard make sure you select flash memory type, not eprom or whatever

Yes, that's right. Thanks for mentioning.

Unsubscribe

I was able just to manually copy the save files once the roms were patched btw.

Marysville, WA

Are the dealextreme carts actually USB then? I ordered one about 2 weeks ago but have yet to recieve it.

Edit: just checked and didn't realize before that even the pictures for it show parallel... good thing I have parallel or I woulda just wasted $8. tongue

Last edited by FTF (Feb 17, 2010 6:00 am)

Tokyo, Japan

The EZIV I got from Deal Xtreme is mini-SD. They don't seem to be selling it any more though...

New York City
egr wrote:

All it basicly is, is a modified version of gbaldr, an app for the ds that will let you flash gba carts in slot 2.

This worked PERFECTLY!
Amazing! big_smile I never had a Gba flkash cart before, now I gotta get CRACKIN'

Seattle, WA
FTF wrote:

Are the dealextreme carts actually USB then? I ordered one about 2 weeks ago but have yet to recieve it.

Edit: just checked and didn't realize before that even the pictures for it show parallel... good thing I have parallel or I woulda just wasted $8. tongue

also waiting for mine

New York City

They are USB if you buy a special cable from them but I don't see any point in doing this when flashing from an NDS with GBALDR works so well!

Seattle, WA

got my flash cart today from dealextreme

it came with the japanese version of fire emblem on it XD

Melbourne, Australia
akira^8GB wrote:
egr wrote:

All it basicly is, is a modified version of gbaldr, an app for the ds that will let you flash gba carts in slot 2.

/me wrote that!