Seattle, WA

title says it all

Milan, Italy

mmh.. you could buy for cheap a supercard miniSD (a chinese clone) from dealextreme.com.

i've got it and works super.

edit:
i've an original one but clones are fine too.

Last edited by arottenbit (Jan 21, 2010 5:09 pm)

New York City
arottenbit wrote:

mmh.. you could buy for cheap a supercard miniSD (a chinese clone) from dealextreme.com..

No, you can't.

They, for some reason, have removed all but one backup solutions for GBA. The remaining one, despite saying USB, needs a parallel port to transfer *eugh*

Abandoned on Fire

Copying a thread from ChipCo:

http://www.chipcoalition.com/gba-flash-cart-t257.html
Sounds like they're talking about the same cart, akira.  Maybe a slightly less crappy solution?

Re: GBA Flash Cart

Postby TmTgr on Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:49 am
http://scottn.us/gbaldr-szcard4.rar

readme.txt wrote:quickstart---
    load the program, file a rom, press A to write it, and A again to confirm.
    if you want up to 4 games, write the szcard-menu.gba first, followed by up to 4 roms (as long as they all fit within 16MiB)

the menu will find the first 4 games by looking for the nintendo logo (required in a gba header)
    each game gets 64kB page of SRAM.

All it basicly is, is a modified version of gbaldr, an app for the ds that will let you flash gba carts in slot 2.

Edit: Yeah i just realised I should say this does require a ds or ds lite and a ds flash cart. But its what i used and it worked better then any computer software I could find.

Last edited by egr (Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm)

Milan, Italy

yeah btw i've searched a little and i've found this.
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-4704-1-1.html

I think that supercard is (was) the best flashcard for GBA.
It's a really bad thing that they've stopped to produce them.

California

I have an M3 lite micro sd. it works like a charm. try to locate one of those! if you do locate the m3 lite try to find the GBA case as well so you can plug it into a gameboy SP or something as well.

New York City
egr wrote:

I couldn't even READ that shit.

So, what you say, is that I can get that 9 buck cart, then flash it from within the NDS? That would be awesome because I Would still use it in my GBA if I wished so. and 9 bucks is a steal

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 21, 2010 7:02 pm)

Abandoned on Fire
akira^8GB wrote:
egr wrote:

I couldn't even READ that shit.

So, what you say, is that I can get that 9 buck cart, then flash it from within the NDS? That would be awesome because I Would still use it in my GBA if I wished so. and 9 bucks is a steal

I do believe that is the case.  I don't have "proof" for that specific cart yet.  I'll let you know if I find something more definitive. smile

Also, sorry to yuh for clogging up this Wanted thread with speculation!

Last edited by egr (Jan 21, 2010 7:05 pm)

Seattle, WA

hey thanks guys i didnt expect much of a response big_smile

Melbourne, Australia

dude just buy an EZFlash IV. It uses a miniSD card to store everything and has a pc/GBA client for transfering/running roms.

I bought mine a few months ago, they're still available.

New York City
egr wrote:

I do believe that is the case.  I don't have "proof" for that specific cart yet.  I'll let you know if I find something more definitive. smile

The cart is ridiculously cheap, so I will buy it and see what happens.
I'll post when I get it!

let us knowwww

Tokyo, Japan
Vytantus wrote:

dude just buy an EZFlash IV. It uses a miniSD card to store everything and has a pc/GBA client for transfering/running roms.

I bought mine a few months ago, they're still available.

true, I just picked one up from dealextreme. Should be with me at the end of the week. Shame my SP just stopped charging on me though. Looks like I'll only be able to use it on my DS until I get a replacement SP :'(

☺☺☺
akira^8GB wrote:

They, for some reason, have removed all but one backup solutions for GBA.

GAH! so glad i bought my efalinker for seemingly no reason last year tongue was going to pick another one up but saw this post, saw the site, fuuuuu'ed a little.

Madison, WI

Just a heads up, those dealextreme GBA carts CAN be flashed through using a DS, but only with particular slot 1 cards.  I have a clone R4 that won't do the trick.  I have an edge that I'll be testing soon.

I grabbed a bunch of those GBA carts for nonelectronics about three weeks ago and they just arrived in a separate package, the first contained a notice saying they were out of stock.  Everyone that ordered one, be prepared for a bit of a wait, as a couple threads on dealextreme suggest they don't actually stock them themselves.

Madison, WI

I skipped over to page 8 on the supercard sc forum.  This, at least, might be pertinent:

I actually bought the Supercard SD (not miniSD) and it worked fine (no funny characters) but kinda malfunctioned later. Afterwards I found out a method of changing the adapters and SD cards I was using. It helped a bit. Also, I found a little opening in the bottom place of the cartridge where it had kind of split open about 1 mm(still it might be the reason) but now on DX, there is no SCMiniSD or SCSD for sale. Something smells fishy.

Last edited by nonfinite (Feb 3, 2010 9:15 pm)