Whitley Bay, England

Euan Lynn's debut album is the culmination of 2 years of producing music using a variety of obsolete video game hardware and synthesisers. Featuring his trademark sound of reggae-drenched indie, this album features 7 completely original tracks and a further 6 tracks, covers of some of Euan's favourite songs, ranging from The Smiths to Jamie T

Listen and download here!

Bronx, NY

Purchased! Excited to listen.

EDIT: This is catchy as all fuck! In the middle of my first listen right now, will post more feedback soon. Good showing, sir.

Last edited by DaPantz (Jun 5, 2011 6:02 pm)

Whitley Bay, England

Thanks so much dude! big_smile Much appreciated!

Bronx, NY

You're welcome! Really enjoying this. My favorites are "Nuke", "Siren", and "Stand Up, My Friends". I really like how you're exploring different styles throughout the album, but it's still cohesive. So many different methods at work here too. Really nice, you've definitely got a new fan in me. How'd you go about recording and mixing this?

My only real constructive criticism would be having so many cover songs on a self-titled release; when I see a self-titled album I immediately think that it's autobiographical, and that's not to say that covers can't accomplish that, but it kind of took me out of the moment for a bit. The covers themselves are still quite nice though, particularly the Blur one.

Any chance we might get some lyrics? I was singing along to Nuke, and I'm sure I butchered it tongue

East Kilbride, Scotland

DaPantz approves of this release.

Whitley Bay, England

If this was on cassette or vinyl, the covers would be like side 2 - they aren't a part of the album itself, hence them being grouped together at the end, and you can only download them if you actually download the whole album - a sort of pack-in bonus if you will.

I'm really glad you think it's cohesive! That's probably the thing I'm most afraid of, stuff not gelling together. Especially when this release has like, a dub track, and an uncey uncey dance track! Haha

It was all recorded in GarageBand, and it was actually the first time I've sat down and used compression and more than 6 band EQ and noise gates and mastering and all this high-tech shit tongue
Recording was just whenever I had a chance really, it all came together over the past few months. Unfortunately I only have a microphone from a 60's cinefilm projector so that may explain anything slightly lacking in the vocal department... I'm totally skint, so buying a proper mic is way out of the question!

All the tracks with lyrics (at least, the original ones) are included on a selection of demos I have up, with lyrics, called Waiting For Inspiration To Strike smile I'll get them up on this release in the morning, but I haven't changed any of them so that's where to find them for now!

Thanks so much for the feedback dude, it really means a lot and really helps smile

Brazil

Since I listened to Nuke I was kinda waiting for a proper release. And even if I didn't listen YET, i'm probably liking it.

Whitley Bay, England

I hope your opinion remains unchanged!

Brazil

And they kept unchanged. Great album indeed! Great blend, despite some parts were a bit overwhelmed with everything. Vocals a bit low, the casio totally mudded in the mix.

But you killed with the Smiths cover by muffling your voice.

Really great album, congrats man!

EDIT: Also, the cover is kinda creepy. Me likes.

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Jun 6, 2011 10:45 pm)

Whitley Bay, England

Killed as in like, ruined it, or like "Yeah you killed it bro!"? Trust me, my voice sounded far better on it, being distorted! Haha

Which song do you think the Casio sounds a bit muddy in, out of interest?

And thanks! I was doing a lame photoshops for a prom thing and there was nothing to do - someone said it was all "very Napoleon Dynamite" so I decided to take awkward self-portraits tongue

Glad you liked it dude! big_smile

Brazil

YEAH YOU KILLED IT BRO! WOO

And it's in the Interior Semiotics the muddy casio. Is not bad, just could've been better! smile

I really enjoyed. Looking forward for more Nuke-like songs. I liked it a lot and is catchy as hell.

Whitley Bay, England

Ahh good! I wasn't sure if you were being lovely or insanely critical in a really deadpan way.. I'm glad it the former smile

Interior Semiotics is a funny one, because I'm playing an organ part as well as a sort of lead part at the same time... Perhaps I should have recorded them separately. Thanks for the feedback though! This is the first time I've really properly recorded something, so it's all a big learning experience for me!

Edmonton, Canada

I'm excited to listen to this! WOO

Whitley Bay, England

big_smile Thanks!