Ontario, Canada

I feel the urge to write and record a heinous amount of music, so it's back to this old gem of an idea.  This time I ask that you give me an overall concept of some kind and 5 song titles, it does not have to be a story at all, it can be as vague as you want, and maybe a mood or general sound, nothing too specific, the most important thing is the song titles.

I plan to fire off tons of these things and put them on bandcamp for $1-$2 (I'm a sellout).  Thank you in advance for any ideas you might put forth.

Last edited by J. Arthur Keenes (Jun 7, 2011 7:24 am)

Liverpool, UK

"I came to chew bubblegum and kick ass - and I'm all out of ass"

The overall concept is you coming to chew bubblegum and kicking ass - but being all out of ass,

Riverside, CA

1. "Satan's Delicious Tears" (hardstyle with black metal influences)
2. "That's What SHE Said" (generic twee pop but in 22/8 time signature)
3. "I Wub You" (massive, dirty, filthy, etc dubstep and don't forget the WUBWUBWUBWUB)
4. "Insane City" (slow, ambient-ish detroit techno but you can only use one WAV channel + vocals)
5. "Man Overboard" (crabcore, and keep it generic as possible, meaning autotune + breakdowns +etc)

As far as lyrics and general story, make it from the first person perspective of a guy with a crazy bipolar girlfriend. Lyrics can be about her antics and his feelings about it. Must also incorporate each song title into the lyrics.

Tokyo, Japan

I would very much like to hear a 70s copshow theme ala dirty harry by lalo schiffrin or taking of pelham123 by david shire

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jun 7, 2011 8:32 am)

A gray world of dread

"Tony & ..."

Theme: The soundtrack to the delightful adventures of duckling Tony. Think kids book.

1. ... his New Bike
2. ... the Perilous Cave
3. ... his Best Friend
4. ... a Stray Cat
5. ... the Robot

Wellington, New Zealand

story: A salamanders in the world

1. French salamander in Paris
2. Salamander helps the hungry in Africa
3. Trekking salamander in Nepal
4. Salamander down under
5. Salamander, are you from Jamaica because Jamaican me crazy!

Maybe all songs have the feeling of that place, or an instrument from that place.
(i.e Didgeridoo from down under, steel drums from Jamaica)

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Five elements.
1. Fire
2.Water
3. Air
4.Earth
5.Aether

Try and make each song represent the element in some way?? I guess it's open to interpretation.
I'm about to start a spat of 5 mini-lps based on an element each with running motifs, so It'd be nice to see if it is at all possible to accomplish tongue

East Kilbride, Scotland

Rather than 5 songs, I say you do a Seinfeld themed EP and write theme songs for:

1. Jerry
2. George
3. Elaine
4. Kramer

Maybe 5. can be the Seinfeld theme or something.

Turku, FIN

Skweee:

01. Blå
02. Hop of
03. Down the stairs
04. White man
05. UBES

England

5 songs about a man that has a slug for a penis.

There sure are some fantastic ideas here.

astral cat

do what sycamore drive said but do what jellica said more.

A gray world of dread

I hope it's not the Seinfeld idea because the EP could end up just as boring as the show.

astral cat
µB wrote:

I hope it's not the Seinfeld idea because the EP could end up just as boring as the show.

haha you're nuts! seinfeld fuckin' rules.

astral cat

also i don't think i heard a boring song by j arthur keenes band. maybe that should be the challenge.

Madison, Alabama

My Adventures on Raccoon Isle

1. "Waking up with no Memory in the Village of Raccoons"

2. "Saving the Raccoon Princess from the Volcano God by Defeating Him in a Break Dance Competition"

3. "Running from Lava.  Hot, hot lava." 

4. "Sergeant Sourglass lays the Hammer Down (In Which a Crooked Cop Makes an Appearance)"

5. "Departing on the Wind from Procyon Peak"