After lots of late nights in front of my PCB layout and schematic editor programs, I've finally got my internal Stereo SID board to a point where it is ready to sell.

Anyone who wants one, just head over to my new storefront, located at:

http://digitalaudioconcepts.com/

Available fully assembled or as a parts+PCB kit; users will need to specify what machine the board will be used in, plus a few other options.

New York City

What software supports the DigiMAX card??

I don't know what else has been written to support it, but I originally built it for use with my C64/C128 MOD player software.  Anything that can address a single 8-bit DAC or R2R ladder on the user port will work with it as well.

New York City

It would be interesting to develop a SID+DAC software, alas, I'm no coder. I have millions of ideas but I can't realize them in code!

Seems like Aleksi Eeben's POLYTRACKER supports it: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=47686
But Pollytracker is a digi-only tracker.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jun 8, 2011 5:46 pm)

England

Nice one Vanessa. I've just ordered a board.

Milwaukee, WI

Is there a difference between this and MSSIAH's SID2SID?  I might order one of these in the future.

Akira: Actually, accessing the DigiMAX board is quite trivial - at each sample cycle (say 15 kHz), change channels by doing a write to the CIA #2 "port A" register, then write to the "port B" register to actually change the output.  Skip the channel select step if you want mono only.

Theta_Frost:  My board supports more address options than the SID2SID, it is smaller in profile, and all the parts are on the TOP where they belong. :-)

Last edited by VanessaEzekowitz (Jul 4, 2011 11:05 am)

England

I've just assembled (though not tested) my dual SID board, and it's much nicer than the SID2SID.

This new board is nice and thick, and the PCB traces are so much better. The SID2SID is pretty crummy if you ask me, with traces like tin foil. Vanessa's board is properly made and very nicely layed out indeed.

It'll be a couple of months before I can get another 8580 (promised a grey C64 by a friend who's had it for years).

Last edited by InactiveX (Jul 19, 2011 11:23 pm)

Thanks for the positive review :-)