Long Beach, CA

Are there any good (or at least somewhat useful) GB programs out there? I came across GB-PDA and, although I haven't found any use for it these days, it's quite neat.

Last edited by Terbografx (Jun 15, 2011 8:54 am)

hardcore, Australia

you can use a game boy for non musical purposes? someone should tell nintendo. there's probably a big market for that.

Long Beach, CA
godinpants wrote:

you can use a game boy for non musical purposes? someone should tell nintendo. there's probably a big market for that.

Cheeky.

I guess I shoulder have said "non-gaming" as well. Funny cuz I was thinking to myself that I should include that...but for some reason forgot haha.

Last edited by Terbografx (Jun 15, 2011 8:54 am)

Czech republic
godinpants wrote:

lol

edit: on topic - I've never really thought about using anything like that on gameboy so I honestly don't know.

Last edited by ashimoke (Jun 15, 2011 8:55 am)

Sweden

GBAs have been used as a diagnostics tool for tuning engines. Incidentally, when this process involves changing some software parameters, it's sometimes referred to as "chip tuning." I've also seen a bible browser program with all KJV stuffed into the cart. I'm sure they have been used a lot for portable diagnostics and sensor readout, etc, but not so much of it would end up in consumer end products.

Chicago IL

uhajdafdfdfa

there is the basic interpreter

sweden

IL, US

ive got a personal organizer cart that lissajou gave me, pretty weird
besides the sewing one, wasnt there also one that hooked up to low grade sonar to help lazy fishermen?

yeah there was a sonar one! but my favorite is gb-remote. it takes the gameboy color only, and can record then re-send out the same IR signals. I use my gameboy to turn off and on my tv aswell as change channels volume, etc. its actually a useful rom. not to mention being able to use it for anything you can use IR for.

IL, US

wasnt gb remote a homebrew app?

Long Beach, CA
12ianma wrote:

yeah there was a sonar one! but my favorite is gb-remote. it takes the gameboy color only, and can record then re-send out the same IR signals. I use my gameboy to turn off and on my tv aswell as change channels volume, etc. its actually a useful rom. not to mention being able to use it for anything you can use IR for.

That's really cool. Screenshot or, if public domain, a rom?

Last edited by Terbografx (Jun 15, 2011 1:31 pm)

IL, US

theres the sonar

matt's mind
Saskrotch wrote:

i get ROM flashing requests for these quite a bit actually wink  cool machines, been looking for one on the cheap for the GF.

cool in the sense of, 'wow, what a pointless thing to do with a gameboy'

Czech republic
kitsch wrote:

...been looking for one on the cheap for the GF.

That's what I'm doing right now big_smile

sweden
e.s.c. wrote:

wasnt gb remote a homebrew app?

There is a few homebrew but also at least one commercial. I have one somewhere, its also a PDA.